SpaceX Production Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Production Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

3.8

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SpaceX in January 2018.

Interview

First interview was a short phone call. Lasted about 20-25 minutes. I did most of the talking, I was just asked a few questions and that was it. The questions were straight forward about my experience, toughest project, and my role in process improvement.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

I applied online, I was then given an phone call to set up a phone interview.
    The interview was with two engineers from the group I was applying for.
    They asked a series of "standard" quiz style qualitative questions about mechanical engineering mostly pertaining to cantilevers. They then asked about a project I was involved with and we had a long discussion about that. ~ 40 min total

I then got setup for a second phone interview with the group manager. He did a lot of talking about the position itself and then asked me about multiple projects and experiences on my resume. ~ 30 min total

The HR that setup my interviews was very helpful and detailed, but then I got a terse denial email after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the best shape for a cantilever beam?   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpaceX in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. We went over my background and what I had worked on followed by some general engineering questions to test my knowledge. It was a very straight forward interview and was about what you would expect.

Interview Questions

• General engineering questions that you would see during a statics or mechanics of materials course.   Answer Question

Production Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX in June 2016.

Interview

This was my second interview for a position at SpaceX. The first interview I had was for an internship with the design team. The interview was very difficult and it was hard answering the questions about previous design experience over the phone. I enjoyed the interview however because it pointed out weaknesses in my interviewing skills. The interview consisted of 3 people asking questions over the phone, the questions ranged from engineering fundamentals to experience at previous jobs.

The second interview was for an internship with production. This interview occurred a few months after the first interview, because it was for a different semester. The interview was centered more around my resume and actual experience. It was still a difficult interview with a lot of hypothetical questions, however it was easier to answer these questions over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you test ceramics for reentry without destructive testing?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

The interview process, was fairly straight forward with a few exceptions. It began with a brief phone interview to establish mutual interest. Which led to an onsite interview that included a CEO write up and a presentation to be given. The interview began with a facility tour. Followed by giving a 20 minute presentation on ones most challenging project. Immediately afterwards the members of the hiring team meet separately and decide to move forward or end the interview. The next rounds are a series of individual one-on-one interviews with various team members. Some of the one-on-one interviews took place on the facility floor with questions about the equipment, process, etc. Finally ending with a one-on-one with senior management. Overall, I found the team very personable and fun, albeit a bit over worked. No doubt due by the monumental task of building spacecraft at an extremely fast pace. This task was clearly a motivating factor for the employees.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to the equipment function and design.   1 Answer