SpaceX Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

3.2

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Had an initial interview where the interviewer simply asked me to talk about myself, explain my resume, and so on. This interview went for 45 minutes in total. The big thing with this interview is that they are looking for quantifiable numbers on your impact in previous jobs or involvements outside of class. They know you are intelligent, you already passed that step by getting an interview. So be prepared to talk about what you did and how you went above and beyond to succeed in previous work environments. The second interview was with the man who would be my direct supervisor. He talked with me about basic supply quality and material science ideas, but nothing too difficult. It was more do you have an idea of what you were doing and can you apply it to the company to make them better and more diverse.

Interview Questions

• How did your suggestion at _____ company transfer into direct profit for the company, and what was the numbers associated with the success.

What is something that makes you completely different from other applicants.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

I applied in September and it took a while to get a response back. In early november, i had my first of two interviews. The next interview was a week later.

Interview Questions

• mostly talked about past experience in my rocket club, my role, and technical questions around that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in late December and got an interview in early January. Everything was done over the phone. I got bounced around between a few departments for interviews before they found the best place for me. First interview was technical: 15 minutes discussing my work that I had sent in with my application, 15 minutes for a technical question. Later interviews were with other department heads discussing my work and making sure I had the best fit. About weeks after the final phone call, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• You have 2 tubes of equal cross sectional area but different cross sectional dimensions (e.g OD and ID), and they are coaxial (one nested inside the other) and standing upright on their ends. One is made of steel and the other is aluminum. A load is applied to the open ends of the tube (think like a pillar). What percent of the load does each beam support?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in April 2016.

Interview

Talked with recruiters at college career fair. Got a call from HR to schedule an interview with some project leads. Scheduled a phone interview for the week after. Got a call from two engineers who asked various behavioral and technical questions (mostly technical). Lasted 30-40 minute interview and included questions about previous experience and some design questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX in January 2016.

Interview

The manager called me on my phone and had a casual conversation with me. He explained what his team did, asked me some questions, and allowed me to ask as well. Overall, I feel like he was trying to understand how I think and how I approach and solve problems.