SpaceX Supplier Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Supplier Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter brought my resume to the hiring manager. First interview with the recruiter. Then interview with two of the Hiring Managers and one peer. I research on LinkedIn the professional history of the interviewers. I found that it is instructive to understand the interviewers background.
One of the interviewer had a accent so it is difficult to understand over the telephone. The interview erupted stopped because the conference room reservation was up. It was very unsettling, since it make it seems that you just get pushed out the door. At that point, I knew I will not get an offer to proceed to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Speak to us about your Lean Manufacturing experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was the worse interview ever! The first issue was the total lack of diversity in the building. But this is not the worse part... I was asked to present on a complex quality engineering topic I worked on. A few revisions later it was approved. Note, I was only given the weekend to complete this. Also, QA issues have legal and intellectual property contained so I tried my best to alter the data as much as possible. Once I got in the conference room to present, the hazing began... I got such a cold feeling as the panelists walked in the room as if they didn't expect to see a brown face. A few of them didn't even offer a hand shake. After it was over "Team Stoneface" had an intellectual tag-team contest on who could ask the most ridiculous question that had nothing to do with the job req or my discipline. Afterwards, I was given another tour with the hiring manager where he kept telling me how the processes were (explicit), how the work life and hours were (explicit), how stressful it was, and how the systems were (explicit). He used (explicits) more times than I could count. Finally he led me to a conference room and instead of starting the interviews he had HR escort me out the building because he said, "At SpaceX you get one shot to make things right and the team was not impressed with your 15min presentation". I thought he was joking but I was immediately walked out of the building. Even the HR rep was in shock. This was both embarrassing and humiliating! SpaceX was a waste of time and money they spend flying me out!

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Interview questions we’re mainly about knowing what I had done in my previous job role. I felt the interview was very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied online. Started with a phone call from the HR. I was scheduled to speak with some junior engineers thereafter over phone. That was followed by two phone calls with the hiring manager. Then I was flown in for all day interview. I met with 6 people after my presentation. I was pretty exhausted after the hours of talking.

On the day of the interview, they took me around the factory which was super-cool. I was all charged up to be a part of the company. All the people were very friendly and seemed knowledgeable, committed and passionate about the job.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were about my past experiences and knowledge related to composites. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question