SpaceX Test Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Test Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

2.0

Test Technician Interview

Interview

Got a call for interview. The HR person was a not to savvy on hiring laws. They seem to be in an endless loop of regression. They couldn't answer my questions about the company, their expansion plans, technical questions about the product. I don't think they hire any former NASA technicians if you are over 30 so don't waste your time, that was obvious. They seemed very confused about what the future of their company might be. There seemed to be a lot of chaos in the company from the way the HR was talking, which was very surprising. I have been around aerospace for many years. Not professional like the people I used to work with in NASA and at the Cape. I've seen it before, a recipe for disaster, just watch what happens. In the private commercial space business you are only good until the first incident. Then everyone runs for the real pros. like Boeing.

Interview Questions

• If our grasshopper rocket is leaning to the left on decent how much variation in the gyro settings need to be offset accounting for the speed of the earth.   2 Answers

There are more professional outfits to work for that will be around for a while.

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and laid back, only about 20 minutes long. It was a two on one interview with only one interviewer asking questions. I interviewed with about 20 other people and I think only two of us received offers. A few days after the interviews, I was called iwht an offer and asked when I could start.

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I used a recruiter to begin the process. They had me sit down with both my future managers for the first interview. It went well and made me feel very comfortable. I never really felt like I was being grilled or aggressively questioned. My second bank of interviews happened later the next week and had me in front of 4 different managers and supervisors. Again the process was fairly painless and everyone genuinely seemed to be interested in me and what I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a project you have had to troubleshoot and how you went about that.   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two day interview process consisting of approximately 7 interviews. First day consisted of a single two person panel interview. The next week was approximately five one on one interviews. Each phase of the interview process was fairly causal and easy however very time intensive.