SpareFoot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpareFoot Interview Questions

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process included phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, then set of onsite interviews with CEO, team managers, and some team staff. The interview included the opportunity to have lunch with 3 of the team members.

The process was professionally handled, with the recruiter on top of the process and the team all enthusiastic about the opportunity to talk. Minor note, you will need to do a non-disclosure agreement as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Sparefoot?
      Q: Walk me through your experience starting with the first position on your resume and them moving forward. (This was followed by deep probing on the duties for several positions.
      Q: Tell me about a time when a suggestion you made was not approved
      Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone screening with a recruiter, which was pretty standard. After that I met the hiring manager for coffee, where he proceeded to tell me all about their "BBQ test" (which means that if the hiring team can **imagine** meeting you at a barbecue, you get the job). I'm pretty acquainted with homogenous startup culture, so that was expected. He also tried to make it seem like the third round - a four hour marathon of back-to-back half hour interviews - was super laid back. Don't ever believe them when they tell you that.

The third round actually ended up going for five hours (yes, an hour longer than projected). The second interviewer, a Director-level, seemed like he hadn't slept in weeks. A couple of the interviewers told me that they had to ask me questions from a list to fill their half hour. I got one bathroom/water break, and by the end my voice went out. My second to last interview was with the hiring manager, who again said the whole thing was all about the BBQ test. My last interviewer, one of the cofounders, didn't ask me any questions...but he did give me a whiteboard presentation.

I half expected the hiring manager, or the secretary, or recruiter, or someone, to walk me out and give me a rundown of next steps. But no, the cofounder shook my hand, told me I was free to go, and walked out, leaving me to awkwardly gather all of my things and find my own way. By this point, I was not excited about the prospect of working there for any length of time in the foreseeable future. I emailed the recruiter to express my thanks and to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

SpareFoot Response

Sep 1, 2016 – CEO

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience was longer than expected. We always strive to get our onsite interviews complete in one day to avoid multiple visits ... More

Director of Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email a few days after submitting my application via their web site. We arranged for a phone screen the next day. After the HR phone screen, I had a phone screen with the hiring manager which took a few days to set-up. After that phone screen, I had an on-site interview with seven people whom I met with individually which was about a week later. Those I met with included the CEO, other managers, and direct reports of the role they were hiring for.

ACE Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Lots on interviews. They only want the best, so they really interview you a lot to make sure you're the right fit. After 2 phone interviews, they have you come in for an in person interview. They ask you to set aside 2 hours and they use all 2 hours. I had a 1:1 followed by a 2:1 followed by 1:1 job shadowing and then a 4:1. After that, I came back to have one last interview with the CEO that last about 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• If Ben and Jerry's was to name an ice cream after you, what would it be called?   1 Answer

ACE Team Member/Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SpareFoot.

Interview

A 2 hour interview process, with 3 rounds of interviews. The first was typical, asked about background and education. Second was with team leads; again, typical questions. Third, which was interesting, was a panel of employees on the same level I was applying for. One man was drinking a beer in the interview. Very unprofessional. A woman told me my outgoing personality was overwhelming and asked me if I even knew how to calm down. Downright rude and unprofessional. I declined my application immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? (besides benefits, etc.)   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you failed at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Tier I Support Representative Interview

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted about 1 week later for a phone interview. The phone interview felt pointless to me because the person I talked with only said "OK" in response to any of my answers and did not engage in the conversation at all. She sounded really bored with even the beginning questions (Who are you, why SpareFoot, etc.) After about 3 questions, she told me that I was "too high level and ambitious" for this role and that they were looking for people who didn't want to grow on the team. I couldn't believe that a representative from a fast-paced start-up would say something like that. She then encouraged me to apply for a higher level position, which I did, and was promptly rejected from with no explanation. Just seemed like the interviewer didn't want to talk with me in the first place, which, if so, why reach out for a phone interview at all?

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? (but honestly she barely asked me any questions).   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for your candid feedback as our recruiting team is always looking to improve our interview process. It sounds like you were a very strong potential candidate, but because this is entry ... More

Tier I Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpareFoot.

Interview

I applied for a client position at Sparefoot I clearly have 3+ years experience doing something similar to the position posted. Less than 24 hours after submitting my application I got a no-reply e-mail back stating that we reviewed your background and qualifications, but we don't have any appropriate positions for you at this time.

Not convinced they actually reviewed my application as with some of these more entry level positions in Austin they usually end hiring people purely around nepotism.

Interview Questions

• If you spent more time accurately recruiting talent as you did on your "creative" hiring video I think it would be more of a positive long term contribution to your company.   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2015 – CEO

We appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve! We work very hard to provide a quick response to our candidates, so I can understand how you may have felt it was faster than ... More

ACE Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a 30 min phone interview and the lady conducting it was pleasant. She asked to go over my job history, which is pretty standard. She also asked how i found out about the job, if i was looking anywhere else, my timeline to find a job, what attracted me to the job, how much i expected to make, upon which she advised me how much the job offered. There we additional questions but i cannot recall them all. She then advised that they would be in touch.

I received an email 2 days after the phone interview stating they did not have an appropriate position for me at this time. I was disappointed considering i have over 10 years experience as a top performer in the customer service field but it seems i wasn't what they were looking for.

Seems like a great company to work for, i wouldn't have applied otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for employment elsewhere?

How much are you looking to be paid?
      Answer Question

Facility Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SpareFoot.

Interview

Phone-Interview. I was called around 1 and the interview lasted 15-20 mins. The questions asked were normal interview questions. What have you done in your past jobs, to prepare you for this position? What compensation are you looking for?

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult for you, when reviewing the job description?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpareFoot (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a 18 round speed dating type interview process. I went in not really knowing what to expect. The whole process seemed to see how at ease you can be in tense situations. You basically went to a different person every 3 mins and answered questions. Some questions were personality type questions, while some were weird questions to see where your head is at. I personally loved it. Sparefoot does not seem like a place you would want to work at if you can not think on your feet. They want unique individuals that have the ability to also work well on a team. Some people will not be able to shine in this type of interview process, which is the point. They want to see the real you, not the one where you can act a certain way through the normal interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would your worst enemy say about you?   2 Answers