Spark Communications Media Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spark Communications Media Associate Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spark Communications

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, with a referral, and heard back regarding the next round (a phone screening) within a week. After my phone screening I was notified of my in-person interview two weeks later. The interview consisted of four 30 minute rounds. I talked to two Media Supervisors, a Media Director, and one final person higher up (I forget her exact position). Most of the questions were scenario based, focused on working in groups, and related to past job experiences. The entire process took 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Spark Communications

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications in August 2015.

Interview

After applying, I heard from a recruiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was approx. 30 min. and asked the generic behavioral and experience questions. This interview does ask two math questions, so make sure to be ready for that. A week later, I was contacted to do an in-office interview and meet with 4 SMG employees. It was a rotational process and each interviewer had a specific interview topic: strategy, analytics, collaboration, etc. The in-office interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a team member that is not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1st interview was over the phone with an HR person from Starcom MediaVest Group. If you make it to the 2nd round, you are brought in for a half day of interviews with 4 people in varying positions and levels of seniority. Basic interview questions, ask for examples of different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Low pay, interviewers made it clear that there was high turnover

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

First phone interview asking about background. Second was in person interviewing with two supervisors and then two associate media directors. The second part was individual interviews with each previously mentioned position. Following my interviews, I kept in touch, reaching out bi-weekly for an update. I wasn't hired until 10 months after my interview day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a marketing plan you've worked on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Honestly I over prepared for this interview. Interviewees were nice but they were so busy that they asked pretty routine questions. Interviewed by four different people that were employees of Starcom, Tapestry, etc. Realized that this is a position that has very high-turnover so they need to fill desks quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about a media campaign that you felt was successful or a failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The range was 30,000-32,000.00 and I was told that I get 30,000.00 even though I had years of work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Was an intern so received an offer over the phone with no interview. For the internship, I had a phone interview and a skype interview. The first interview involved simple math questions and behavioral questions. The skype interview included additional behavioral questions and was around 30 minutes long. After I interviewed, I received an offer for my internship about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only had 3 days to accept