Sparks Personnel Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sparks Personnel Services Interview Questions

2.3

Public Health Position Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services.

Interview

This is a hiring agency. I found one of the positions they were hiring for on their website and got the interview scheduled the same day I applied. Lots of paperwork and the woman interviewing me actually interviewed me for the wrong position (and I did ask her whether she was sure this was the position I applied for), and told me so when I was filling out tax forms. She then hurriedly explained the position I wanted was not open, that they changed some of their requirements, and pretty much told me she'd do her best to vouch for me. I left feeling like while I gave a good interview...it was useless.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was geared toward your needs and wants. SPARKS Took the time get to know me in order to place me in the right position. My resume was submitted for several different jobs in a 7 day period and on the last day I got a job offer.
    Taylor was very helpful by giving me positive feedback on my resume, as well as assuring me that she would work her hardest to find the perfect opportunity for me.
    She asked what my salary request were and she found an opportunity that exceeded my expectations. Throughout my seven day span she was sure to communicate with me everyday wether I received a job offer or not.
    That constant communication was a reminder that she was consistently working to find a position that met my needs as well as the company's need.
    I loved the fact that she didn't submit my resume for jobs she felt that I may have been under-qualified or over-qualified. Giving that this opportunity isn't extended I wouldn't choose to work with any other staffing agency. This is the best thus far.
    Also a special thanks to Alex for the encouragement after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the qualities you're looking for in a Job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Lengthy not professional just a lot of leg work. Inconsistent and no communication. Bs L and forth no one knew what was really happening when it came to my start date.

Executive Assistant/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services (Herndon, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

The Sparks office in Herndon, VA contacted me as a candidate for a full time position with a company they represent. They would not tell me the name of the company but gave me some details of the position. They requested an interview with me in order to be able to submit my resume to the company. Prior to the in person meeting I had to complete several forms on-line. They sent me a detailed email outlining the interview, where to park, etc. Way at the bottom, after driving and parking instructions, listed documents I was to bring to verify employment eligibility.

I arrived early for the interview and was shuffled in to a very small office and told to watch a video. This video was so outdated that it showed employees of the company filing out time cards by hand and mailing them in to the company. This video represented employees searching for part time or temporary work. Not a permanent full time job as I was looking for. After the video I was asked in person all the exact questions I was asked over the phone. Then I was escorted to another small office to complete more forms on-line. In person I was asked to complete a release for a background check, including my social security number. I refused as I was not comfortable providing this information on paper when I have no idea where this paper will be stored and on who’s desk. IF an offer was extended and IF the company required a background check, I would be happy to provide this information.

The account executive I worked with never called or email to follow up with me. After I followed up with her she simply sent an email stating that she was moving to a different office and would not be my contact any longer. I have never heard from them again.

After I knew what company the job was with, I searched my files and realized I had already applied to the exact same job through indeed.com weeks earlier.

Sparks was a total disappointment and a complete waste of my time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services (Bethesda, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Most professional, responsive and friendly on phone of any agency called. Offered appointment immediately. Very candid about availability of positions. Gave very good advice, even before interview about how to best present yourself. 1 week vacation after 1,500 hours. 401k after 1,000 hours. Flexible. Offer free training and referral awards. Most positive experience of 6 agencies I worked with.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services (Frederick, MD) in February 2008.

Interview

Appeared in person. Interview was on the spot. Credentials were checked and received call for temp work after drug test. Accepted position and it turned in permanent position. Very professional group.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, depending on your needs.