Spartan Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spartan Stores Interview Questions

1.8

Third Shift Stock Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Interview

I walked into the office and the manager said "When can you start?" He was very helpful initially, but down the line it turned out that he didn't really care about the employees. One of my coworkers got fired because of a miscommunication on the manager's part, but the manager refused to take responsibility. I feel especially terrible for this employee because he was in his 50's and had a family.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spartan Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

It was ok, but the manager nor my stor director knew the pay I would get. Right then and there I should have known that was a red flag! They did have some tuff questins, but I was just real about it all.

Interview Questions

• how do handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tuff ! I had said at least $10 an hour , and my boss had to pull teeth and play phone tag to get me the minimum of $10 tho the job is actually worth $14 an hour.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Interview

Walked in was offered job

Negotiation

you can not negotiate wages. Either you accept their offer, or you have no job offer.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spartan Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Only had one interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spartan Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Really basic, but will vary by manager. I was practically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None really. If you google interview questions, those are pretty much what I was asked.   Answer Question

Night Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petoskey, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spartan Stores (Petoskey, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Talked to the asst. Manager for about 30 min. Talked about previous jobs and what skills I had to help the company out. Asked what I liked to do on my free time. What days I could not work if any. If I shopped at the store and if so did I know the policies. Also showed me around the store and talked to some of the employees.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have to help be a cashier?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spartan Stores in August 2009.

Interview

Returned their call the same day, and a manager scheduled an interview with the director in one hour. I agreed, but when I got there I had to wait 20 minutes only to be told that he didn't have time to do it. So, I agreed to reschedule another interview in 3 days. Questions were about my past work history, why I left a job, but also asked financial questions about my previous company that had nothing to do with the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How much did my past company gross in a week?   1 Answer
    • Why did I request Sundays as unavailable to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There virtually was no negotiation....take it or leave it, and it was a low offer, but I took it.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Interview

There was just a single interview which was one-on-one. The questions asked were fairly generic and simple. There were no surprises during the process and the main focus was on ensuring that I had the skills needed to function well with customers as well as general knowledge of the store's layout.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably being asked what I could offer the company in terms of skills and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation available. They extend an offer to you and you either accept it, and the job, or reject it.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spartan Stores in October 2011.

Interview

I interviewed at a coffee shop as the evening manager, or team leader as they called it. I was offered the position a day after the interview. I was called for the interview a day after filling out the apllication, and had my interview the day after the call.

Interview Questions

• What can you do differently than other interviewing?   1 Answer

I see myself with a lot more potential to grow with the company I'm with now.