Sparxoo Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sparxoo (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

This process took over 4 months before I gave up. I applied online. Then recieved an email that they were impressed with my resume and would like to do a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the following week. That phone screening was pretty basic with "tell me about yourself and your experience". After the call they had me do an online personality test, as well as some other test that seemed like random math questions. Even though I though that was odd, I did it anyway. After that they emailed me a week or two later and said they'd like for me to come in for an in person interview.

I went in and spent a few hours there. When I walked in no one greeted me or even looked up to see who I was or what I was doing there. Someone finally asked me and said they would let someone know I was here. While given a tour, same thing, no one even bothered to notice or say hello. There seems to be a lack of warmth in their culture, I've worked for an agency before and most people are not this quiet in a creative office they were all silent.

I interviewed with 2 people first, and then the CEO/Founder interviewed me after them. The first interview was much more productive, and we had great things to dicuss. The interview with the CEO was less productive and more about ANOTHER personality test with some cards. I was also shocked by how little they have behind their current road map and business objectives. I asked plenty of probing questions about their business that left me very unsure they would even have the money to pay someone given their lack of drive.
I'm very well versed in how those "personality" tests work, and I gave answers I think they weren't expecting. At this point, I was already sure this was a juvenile company that can't make any type of character or productive business descisions on their own with out making me take what felt like a facebook quiz to tell me what kind of pie I am. *rolls eyes*
Even though I felt this way already, I didn't appear that way or make it known. I remained very professional and enthusiastic throughout the process.

After I left, they said they would let me know soon. I emailed their HR person to thank them for the interview and hope to hear from them soon. Weeks went by, then months went by with NO follow up whatsoever. Then I finally hear from them over 2 months later and they say they are still deciding. If it's a no then tell me now, but they didn't they insisted they would still follow up with me again and NEVER DID. How unprofessional. I have noticed they still haven't filled this position and I'm not surprised given my own experience with them.

If you are a true professional who has been in this industry before I would steer clear of this company and their unprofessionalism, as they are clearly still learning the ropes of how to even run a business.

Interview Questions

Sparxoo Response

May 4, 2018 – VP, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take time to really get to know those who apply and ensure they are the right fit for the company and the specific role. We think it’s equally... More