Speakeasy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Speakeasy

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Speakeasy (Seattle, WA) in November 2008.

Interview

Speakeasy is a fast growing data communications company that was bought by Best Buy. As a result, they potentially have access to capital and one of the best small-medium business marketing channels in the U.S.

The corporate culture seems like a typical startup that is trying to manage fast growth while adding enough process and bureaucracy to gain efficiencies.

The interview process was very thorough and consisted of multiple half-hour windows with everyone from HR to the execs. Particularly impressive was the fact that the executive team seemed very committed to meeting candidates.

Interview Questions

• What immediate changes would you make within 30 days?   1 Answer

Tax Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Speakeasy (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Met with HR representative, hiring person, and CFO. The process was professional, focused on can do/will do. Was presented an offer after background check, Speakeasy empowered me to be my best and do my best.

Interview Questions

• Experience with indirect and telco taxes   1 Answer

QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Speakeasy in November 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screen. Was then phone screened by the hiring manager. Was then scheduled for an in person interview. The interview consisted of a 4 hour long process that had me interview and talk to both developers and testers in the team. After the interview loop was complete I was contacted via phone later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you successfully offshore testing for your product?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate pay but not extra PTO.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Speakeasy (Seattle, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

All day interview consisting of 1/2 sessions back to back from 9am till 2pm with really no break. The set schedule was not followed and a couple of people either where late or didn't show up at all. With such short sessions it was very easy to get off schedule as well as not get very in depth. Very little could be covered in each interview and I would like to have more time for questions with some of the staff.

The company seems a little frantic and chaotic. They also seem a little immature in their process around the position as well as the technology. The offices were nice, lots of cubes with offices only for execs it looks like. Easy going internet/technology culture. Small company fighting to grow and survive I think.

HR/Recruiting was good. Started with a Phone interview and then a second with the hiring manager followed by the all day in person interview. Recruiter tried to sell the perks to justify the lower then market salary range, but also emphasized the executive involvement even micromanagement poorly. One thing that was a turn off. Interview process was a little disorderly and recruiter could not be found at times and I was sitting around in a room waiting for 15-20 minutes as I waited for other interviewers.

Overall, not bad and a typical tech/internet all day interview loop.

Interview Questions

• "...why would you want to come back to a middle management job?"   1 Answer