Special Counsel Contract Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Special Counsel Contract Attorney Interview Questions

1.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took a day. The office staff and recruiter I met with were all very nice. I am still waiting for placement, however, the interview with the recruiter was pleasant and took only about 20 minutes. It is very similar to other contract legal firms, but the people working there appeared to smile more than the other places.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you have experience with document review?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Special Counsel

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I was asked about prior document review experience and my longterm goals. They told me about the project, expected time frame project would end, and the salary. I was required to complete a conflicts of interest form that asked you to list every client you have had in the last three years.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was conversational. my interviewer was friendly, and organized. She asked me questions that were easy to answer. The interview was not very long, and I was placed relatively quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a position and then an in person interview at their DTLA office with an associate to verify my credentials and to discuss further to determine if I was a match for the position I applied to. We also discussed the possibility to be a match for other openings that they had.

Interview Questions

• To expand on my work experience at my former employer, to discuss my professional expectations, to expand on my studies, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Lots of vague back and forth emails, culminating in being told one day that there is a job available for me. There were a lot of times where I just went ahead and wrote the thing off. The interview process was a token, mostly to make sure you were who you said you were and were capable of going in to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you licensed to practice law in Ohio?   1 Answer
    • Are you OK with doing non-traditional attorney work like document review, etc.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Met with HR to talk about where I wanted to placed, what type of work I was looking for, in terms of contract work or permanent placement. Kept in touch with me on a regular basis and always available for updates and to answer questions.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel (Austin, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews for this job - the first with a hiring coordinator for Special Counsel and the second directly with representatives of the client. Both were fairly short and straightforward, no tricky or obscure questions. The interviewers were all friendly and conversational, and they made their decision quickly. When they called to offer me the team lead position, I was told the client was impressed with my similar prior experience and my confident demeanor.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Just be prepared to tell them about your prior experience, and show some initiative about what you add to the team and how that will benefit the client, rather than what the client or project can offer you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The rates are not negotiable because they are set by contract between Special Counsel and the client.

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Special Counsel in August 2011.

Interview

Everything happened over email. I submitted my resume and writing sample and got a follow up phone call to offer me the job. I am pretty highly credentialed so that didn't hurt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you failed.   Answer Question
    • What would you do differently if you could start your working life over?   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Special Counsel in June 2011.

Interview

It's a staffing agency for lawyers, so most of my time in the office was spent filling out paperwork for taxes, benefits, resume information, etc. My interviewer asked general questions about what I wanted to do in law and my past work history. Everyone I met was professional and approachable.

Interview Questions

• What area of law are you interested in? What kind of lawyer do you want to be?   Answer Question
    • What kind of firm did you work at previously?   Answer Question