Special School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Special School District

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

First interview with Special School District; one on one
    And 1 or more with partner districts (your name goes into a pool of candidates with SSD and partner districts) group/ panel style. My interviews were not recorded, but I do believe they record applicants for teacher level.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

First apply online then they call you in for a one-on-one interview. From there you get put into a pool and Area Coordinators (your supervisor) reach out to you. Most of mine were panel interviews with a bunch of schools for the school district (elementary to high school). I had four schools contact me and interview me. One of them just wanted to do a over the phone interview. From there they called back and offered me the job. A lady in HR called me, we talked pay and I chose the school I wanted based off who offered it to me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your experiences working with kids with disabilities? Name one time you helped a kid succeed.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Special School District.

Interview

There was a questionnaire followed by a face-to-face interview with specific Area Coordinator and Cooperating school district personel.

Interview Questions

• A specific scenario was given and you had to write up a how you would solve it.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview with district area coordinator, building principal, and 2 members of the special education team at that school. They asked behavioral questions to determine how I have responded to past scenarios. After the interview I was contacted the same day by the area coordinator to offer me the job. A HR representative contacted me the following day to begin the hiring process.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview at Central Office. Videotaped. I felt I was awkward, but I guess I did okay. One interview at a school district with several people I ended up working with. Smile a lot. You'll do fine if you seem eager or have any experience in education.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with toileting?   1 Answer

ABA Teachers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy Application
    Phone interview
    2 in person interviews
    a lot of scenario questions
    need to know a little about ABA
    its a bit intimidating because the person i did the interview with did not smile and was very snarky

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Special School District (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2008.

Interview

You have to be aggressive, they get so many resumes and they do have a large number of positions and they are not know for being organzied. After you get an interview with SSD they then take you out to the general ed building and they have to give the tumbs up

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a parent was upset and said you are a bad teacher   1 Answer
    • What is your pervious experines with children   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Special School District in July 2008.

Interview

Basic questions- qualifications, philosophy, management and classroom style/ approach, familiarity with SpEd law and procedures, etc

Interview Questions

• Relationship/ knowledge in working with affluent families.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary schedule and provision of official transcripts-- how many years of experience transfer in on the salary schedule- standard to educational agencies