Specialized Bicycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Specialized Bicycle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Global Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle.

Interview

I was referred directly to the recruiter for this program, having worked closely with Specialized previously from the retail side.

I emailed the recruiter directly, applied online, followed up a couple weeks later just in case the email had gotten lost... no response, not even a rejection.

That's just not something a company that is serious about respecting its potential talent would do, speaking from experience having worked everywhere from two-person operations to Fortune 100 companies.

As far as I can tell, my experience and qualifications match the job description fully, and it’s disappointing that not only will I not be pursuing further opportunities with Specialized, I will also hesitate to refer other bike industry friends to apply.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle (Morgan Hill, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR/Talent acquisition, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager, completion of online talent assessments, and 5 in-person interviews in 1 day. In-person interviews we're with 2 team members each, from varying positions and hierarchy.

Application

Interview

Video interviews with HR and potential boss. They didn't ask any hard questions or put me on the spot. It was more of a chat about what I do, what they do, and how we can do things together in the future. They had an enthusiastic, yet relaxed quality to them.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position in the finance department. About a week later, I received an email to submit my answers for a video interview. I was contacted back about a week after to set up my availability for a phone chat with the recruiter. I submitted my availability and followed up with an email to let them know. I didn't hear back after a week and followed up again. However, I haven't gotten a response.

Specialized seemed like a great company. Too bad they didn't follow through.

Interview Questions

• General questions: "Why Specialized?", etc.   1 Answer

Atlassian Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle in December 2016.

Interview

The process started out strong, but ultimately the recruitment team really failed to do their due diligence and made the process an overall negative experience. I enjoyed speaking with the recruiter and the managers that I spoke to. They all had insightful questions about my background, and represented the company, culture, and position well when I spoke with them. The experience was just overall negative because it was months in between communications with them. The last update was the recruiter in early december letting me know that he'd have an update before the holiday. I followed up with him some time in mid January and he didn't know what happened to the role, and he wasn't working on it anymore, and can't give me an update.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific instances in my background related to the tools they were working with   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter: I was headhunter by A recruiter and was happy to hear about the opportunity. He was absolutely easy to talk to and provided great insight into the company.

Video interview with the Talent Acquisition Leader: He did not seem approachable and constantly told me they only hire those who fit their bike culture (even though the recruiter said they were trying to get away from only hiring specific people that biked). He let me know that an update would be provided the following week- that never happened.

For a department that is supposed to be the face of the company, good luck! I had a terrible candidate experience. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Senior Recruiter a week after I applied online. A day/time was scheduled to have him give me a call. An hour before the call, he emailed to reschedule it for a day/time the following week. I did not receive the call. I emailed him about the call, but received no response.

I reached out once more a few days later, which responded to and asked if I was available in the afternoon to talk. I confirmed the time, but emailed again telling me if we could change it to another time that afternoon. Once again, I confirmed.

Finally, I got to talk with him. He was nice and the interview was fairly basic as a screening process. He mentioned that the Creative Director would be gone for a week and that he would be in the candidate-decision-making-process and that I should check in with a couple of weeks to see how things were standing.

Two weeks later, I emailed to check-in. No response. A few days later, I tried once more. No response. In a third and final desperate ultimatum, I reached out a few days after that. No response. I would have loved & appreciated a canned rejection response as opposed to nothing. But I suppose HR's have their own methods of dealing with candidates.

Market Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

Submitted my info online and never heard a thing. Used a contact to get my resume on the desk of the hiring manager. I received an email after that about an interview then nothing for quite some time. Had the interview and then nothing for quite a long time. I emailed and called and was basically told to be patient. I thought it was very poor communication and follow up. If I was somebody they wanted then it was not how I would expect to be treated. Then all of the sudden it is top priority that I come in again. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• What would I consider success in this role?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle (Morgan Hill, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied before Christmas. Got an email some time in January to submit answers to questions through a video. Essentially talking to my computer. I rejected that and said I prefer talking to real people.

I didn't expect a response from them after that, but I did, an email asking to set up a phone interview. Simple screen that went well, got asked to talk to a CD over the phone. Went well and wasn't really an interview as it was more of a chat.

The CD invited me for an in-person interview for 4 hours with about 5 people (they said I would have lunch with the CD and get a tour of the place. I didn't get lunch nor did I get invited to see the work place). Before the interview, I was asked to do a personality test. It was more like an SAT test. 4 parts; personality, numerical, verbal and logical. Each had 12-17 questions that each had to be answered in 60-75 seconds. The personality part was the only one not timed and not that difficult.

The interview itself was fine. Some people I felt really comfortable with, some were a little more reserved and some seemed like they weren't that interested in meeting me and had a "whatever" type of vibe.

As I walked out I saw the Sr. Recruiter that I have been communicating with the whole time. He asked me how it went and that they will try to make a decision fairly quick as they had a few more interviews the following week. Over a week went by, I get a call from that same recruiter asking again how I felt about the interview and the job and that he chatted with the team and things seemed good thus far. This was beginning of the week, he then told me they are trying to get this position filled and will let me know by mid following week. No problem, we ended the call and I waited for next week to come.

Here is where I begin to have a real issue with Specialized. Wednesday came and no call. Thursday end of the day I followed up (BTW he knew that I had another offer on the table from a different company for a Sr. Designer position, yet I kept emphasizing how much I would rather work for Specialized given that I believe in the product and love it). No reply. Friday I called and left a V-mail. Emailed the other recruiter I talked to and asked if he was out of town. No reply. Emailed the CD, no reply. Monday came, I emailed again to follow up. No reply.

Finally today I emailed him my last email, expressing how unprofessional he is to leave me hanging. A simple email thanking me for my time and letting me know that they went with someone else would have been simple and courteous. Yet for some reason that was too much for him.

Specialized showed me that integrity means nothing to them and for that, I am thankful that I didn't get the job.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle in August 2015.

Interview

Two excellent screening/preparatory phone interviews by an outside headhunter and one phone interview with a Specialized internal manager not in the recruiting profession who demonstrated little to no understanding of what a recruiting manager does. Her interview questions did not target demonstrated previous successes in recruiting management or the methods, processes, tools, and standards of what would represent best practices in the profession. The way she described the internal culture was so negative that I wondered why she was chosen to attempt to attract anyone to the organization.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the negative ratings our organization has on GlassDoor and the lawsuits that have been widely publicized?   1 Answer