Spectra Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2016

2.7

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The company took a group of candidates out to dinner the night before the interview. It was a good experience. The employees I talked to were nice and answered all of my questions. The interview itself was on campus, and seemed to focus more on management abilities than engineering abilities. It went well overall, but I got an email the next week that the position I was interviewing for didn't exist. I understand that businesses make decisions, but I can't help but feel that my time was wasted.

Corrosion Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Energy.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a short time later. There was a phone interview with Hr and then they flew me to the area where the job was posted.

Interview Questions

• Most questions had to do with work experience, character, etc. it was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spectra Energy.

Interview

There was a brief, initial one-on-one meeting with the hiring manger, then a one-hour onsite meeting with the hiring manager and a few other team members. The questions were more about experience than problem solving.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Was referred by an internal employee; was called for the interview then went in for a face to face with the team of 2. The interview went really great and I expected to hear back soon. Never heard back even after I emailed the recruiter to inquire. Then about a month later, I get an standard notice that I wasn't offered the job. If only these companies could pay for people's time to interview they would not be so unprofessional. So glad I didn't hold my breath.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spectra Energy.

Interview

The whole interview was broken into three sections with 30 minutes each. First interview was with HR personnel, second with the hiring manager and last with supervisor. No hard questions and mostly just behavior. They try to show you how the company is and what they are looking for. Everyone I met was positive and gave a good impression. They promote their employees to move around and learn new skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle yourself under stress and tell a incident where a staff member was not able to do their part?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After meeting with the HR lady for a briefing, I met with three different engineering groups which took about 45 minutes each. Asked heavily what I knew about the company and what past experiences molded me the most.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The Recruiters do a Phone screen to see if you are a fit for the position and then they speak with the hiring manager to giver their feedback and a panel interview is setup. Once the interviews have concluded an offer will be extended

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be a great fit at Spectra Energy   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (College Station, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Emailed me to inform me I had received an interview, then schedule it through email. Had interview on campus at the career center. The interview was mostly behavioral questions. company stresses culture. interview was not hard, just do your research before and act interested in the company. The people are very friendly and just want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about the company, if I knew anything about the oil and gas industry, what some of my skills and qualities were   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Provided my resume and spoke with some representatives at a career fair. Was emailed for an interview for an internship. Went in and had a great interview. I felt that I was comfortable and was giving very good answers. Was also relating with one of the interviewers (there were two) as I was taking the same professor as he did back when he was a student.

Honestly thought I was going to get the internship offer from how well the interview went. The interview was in October and literally have not gotten anything back from that (it's May now). I followed up three times in emails and left two voicemails. No replys from the recruiter.

I now have an internship with a major investment bank but I cannot believe that the recruiter could not take some time to give me a reply.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spectra Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

We were invited to dinner before our interview where we got to meet the recruiters. The next day we had one-on-one behavioral interviews at our school's career center, where we were interviewed by the recruiters we had met the night before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on.   1 Answer