Speedway LLC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

1.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evergreen Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Evergreen Park, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I was with a group of other people waiting to get called in one by one. Interview took place in the back of the store and lasted about 10mins. Nothing too nerve racking, mostly just the usual questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Lockport, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

it was fast quick and i had all my kids with me. i was a one on one on the sales floor do to having my kids. he had to explain why i choose speedway and whet i liked about this kind of job

Shift Leader Trainee At Speedway Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Tinley Park, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online via indeed.com, got a call about a week later asking for an interview, interview went well enough, interviewer was very kind and through, asking questions related to my managerial experience to work related questions. Interviewer told me that due to the lack of my experience and because she felt that I would be an asset to the company, she wanted to start me out as a basic customer service rep. Took my references and called them, 4 days later was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever looked on and saw your former manager work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

In person interview at hiring center. Very basic interview questions. A lot of yes or no type questions. Are you of age to sell tobacco products? Do you mind working nights? They said they need to wait to my background and references cleared and I would hear back within two weeks however they called me back 2 days later. They offered me $8 an hour weekly pay. I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Crest Hill, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Crest Hill, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview took place at the recruiting center and it went well. The recruiter told me she'd call me after the background check was finished and she called my references. I recieved a call about a week and a half later saying that I got the job and to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

There interview was pretty easy. It was mostly question about you customer service skills and your previous work history. The interviewer was very energetic so it made me excited about wanting to me and talk with her. She really calmed my nerves because I was really nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call exactly 2 days later for an interview. The day I was supposed to go for my interview the lady got sick so it took 1 or so to get an actual interview .

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Bloomingdale, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews. First I had one with the recruiter who called me on Monday after I had applied on Friday. When I went she asked just about my previous work experience. A lot of what I did before matched up the job description so the interview clicked. NOTE. I have never been a shift lead before officially. The first interview lasted 30 minutes.
    The next day she called and set me up with the district manager next week for an interview.
    When I got to the interview with him it seemed that he already had his mind made up since I only talked for 5 minutes and he talked the rest of the time explaining benefits and procedure.
    At the end he said "well now all we have to do is wait for your background check and you should be good"
    And literally the next day I got a call saying I got the job. The whole process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. I get paid $9.50 but to be honest with their expantion rate currently and ability for getting a promotion to double that pay I don't mind it.
    Also a thing I didn't know about speedway is that their shift leads get a bonus too not just the store and assistant manager. Pretty cool.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Called by the speedway recruiter.
    Interviewed with her and then the next 2 days I interviewed with the district manager.
    Extremely easy. As of right now they're expanding greatly and are at a high turn over rate so from what I've seen they're basically hiring any person who can go to work on time and be professional.

Interview Questions

• What was one problem that you had while working?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The max pay you get is 10$ for a shift lead. No negotiations unless you get a higher position

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

No actually interview. Received a phone call for an "interview" but recruiter only talked to about the job. No real interview process. Just had to show up and I had the job.

Negotiation

no negotiation