Spencer Ogden Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contracts Analyst and Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted two phone calls. The recruiter almost seemed to be persuading me to not take the job. He kept saying I was too qualified for it and I would find it boring. He also thought it would be too onerous for me to relocate. He told me to think about it for a couple of days and then call back. In those two days I looked at glassdoor reviews of the company. Most of the reviews about SO are bad and they are consistent in their criticism which makes me think that they are probably accurate.

When I called back the interviewer, I asked him about the glassdoor reviews, he simply brushed them aside. When I asked specific questions about the company's past policies amounting to bullying, he admitted that such policies existed and now the company is trying to recover its reputation in the market.

He still claimed that most of the negative reviews were left by disgruntled employees. I told him I understood but was concerned because of the sheer number of such reviews. At this he got mad and called me close minded. That was the end of the interview. He also said that he had taken a note of my reasons to turn down the job and would ensure that the negative reviews about the company were corrected. I cannot imagine what he meant by that. Probably he was going to try to get these reviews to be taken off or may ask the current employees to write positive ones.

Just to clarify, SO has negative reviews on other sites as well, indeed being one off them.

Interview Questions

Spencer Ogden Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Ops Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the interview process. Before inviting candidates in for an interview we like to do at least two telephone interviews/telephone screens. Relocating... More

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Informal interview with Internal Recruiter by phone, Skype Interview with Office Manager, Face to Face with other Office Managers. As it was a graduate position they were more focused on evidence of extra circular activities - evidence of competitive and driven nature, ability to communicate well and fit in with an energetic office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Recruitment - what motivates you?   Answer Question