Spencer Ogden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spencer Ogden Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

Applied for one job, was called about a different job. Received a follow up phone call where they discussed other candidates I may know? Then they never called back. I'd use the word unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Do you know ___? She went to your school and also applied for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took a couple of days. The recruiter contacted me about a brief phone call, then we set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours. The recruiter told me they would probably want me to come back the next day and that she would be in contact with me by the end of the day, as the role was supposed to start the following Monday. After not hearing back, I reached out to the recruiter and never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview. Went in for two additional interviews over the next week. Typical interview process with standard questions. Not too difficult. They really wanted to accelerate the hiring process. Met with 5-6 different managers in one day and all had same questions/comments.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Got phone call and answer some basic regarding why recruiting, tell your sales experience. Then got s an interview next week for a face to face. Please see below for some of those questions.

Interview Questions

• What motivates u?
      If things don't go right, what will keep u moving forward?
      Why do you think most sales people quit?
      Tell me where you see yourself in 10 years?
      What is your greatest accomplishment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They brought me into the office which is a big open room with everyone working out in the open. I sat in the only secluded office and waited to meet the internal recruiter. After meeting the internal recruiter I waited to meet with 4 other employees (team leaders, team members). at the end of the interview i meet with the office director and answer the same questions for a 5th time.

Interview Questions

• With your background why would you possibly wanna be a recruiter   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume and a follow up email and received a call back within a few hours. The gentleman on the phone was incredibly nice and answered all my questions. After my initial phone screening, I was asked to read a few articles printed about the company and call the same person back if I was still interested in the job. I called back and talked to the same gentleman and he decided to set up a Skype interview with one of the directors at the Houston office several days later. I would classify that interview as hostile as the director made a habbit of pointing out how I wasn't a good fit for the job and seeing how I reacted. I apparently kept my cool, because I was asked to drive to Houston for an in person interview. There I spoke with two other directors who asked questions ranging from very general to philosophical. I was told at the end of the interview to go home and really think about the job and if it was something I wanted to do. Recruiting is a hard, often painful job, and every person I spoke with at Spencer Ogden wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. I never called them back and they never contacted me again. They made no attempt to reimburse me for my trip to Houston (a four hour drive and overnight stay), but I also never asked them to. They also made a point to say that anyone could do this job as long as they wanted to and that my high GPA from a top university wasn't impressive in this industry.

The office was incredibly modern and a little bizarre. Everyone was dressed like Wall Street floor traders and talking on wireless headsets.

This simply wasn't the type of job I saw myself enjoying.

Interview Questions

• One of the younger, but obviously very successful, directors got really philosophical with his questioning. I was warned about this by the previous interviewer and it was funny how right he was. None of the questions were particularly hard, but the gentleman seemed to be really proud of his peculiar methods.   Answer Question

Energy Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviews. First was a group interview after which you were broken into a groups and have a brain storming session where you come up with a product then market it, similarly to Shark Tank. After this you are selected from the bigger group and told offered another interview with the managing director. If the managing director likes you, and deems you a good fit you are extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• A three way tie between: what religion do your parents practice, what's your nationality.   1 Answer

Entry Level Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX).

Interview

On campus interview -- two men who were EXTREMELY rude and PRETENTIOUS. Asked insulting PERSONAL questions that had nothing to do with the job. (what does your dad do)

Totally crossed the line when it came to professionalism... furthest thing from professional I've experienced. The interview was not an interview it was an attack on your character. They pointed out all of your flaws to see how you would react.

Although they were "impressed with my responses" and told me "most people crumble in this interview" I made it to the next round....But I had absolutely no desire to continue in the process or work for this company.

They need to sort out some sort of standard recruiting system -- my interview "experience" felt an absolute joke.

Interview Questions

• I guess why Sales? Then once you answer they will tell you everything WRONG about you and sales. Even though they actually like you? Bizzare.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

If you pass the initial short telephone interview, there is an assessment day. This is not too gruelling, and then they follow it up by a swift response with feedback of how it went. If you pass that then you have a final interview.

Interview Questions

• All about money. What are your motivations, why are these your motivations and what exactly would you spend your money on.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple few questions via phone which was fairly informal and focused on what I was currently up to etc, followed by a more formal phone interview; this was more experience and skills based, but once again fairly informal. A very loud noise could constantly be heard in the background. Finally I had a Skype interview, this was fairly awkward and forced.

Interview Questions

• The main gist of the interview seemed to focus on my motivation towards making money. The question seemed to be reiterated repeatedly. Felt like I was in a scene from Wall St. at times. Quite an uncomfortable experience at times.   1 Answer