Spencer Ogden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.8

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Floorhand Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden in August 2017.

Interview

Very informal phone interview for contract position offshore. The recruiter basically went over all of my certifications to ensure I was qualified to go offshore. Once that was established, he submitted my profile in the job pool and I was selected for a position that same day.

Interview Questions

• What certifications did I have that applied to the job?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. Very laid back and relaxed. It was a very personal interview and they just wanted to get to know you and what skils you would bring to the company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

Phone interview then went in for in person. I talked to 3 different people and was invited for a 2nd interview. After meeting with a couple of more people I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Spencer Ogden? What do you know about recruiting?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

Applied for one job, was called about a different job. Received a follow up phone call where they discussed other candidates I may know? Then they never called back. I'd use the word unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Do you know ___? She went to your school and also applied for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone interview discussing what I know about recruiting. Invited for a in person interview where I met with the internal recruiter then the head of the perm team. Then invited to meet with the team I would be placed on. All asked the same questions "why do you want to be a recruiter" "why recruitment" "why" be ready to explain yourself and really sell them on the fact that you want to be there for a long time career. They have retention issues so they only hire people who can convince them they won't leave.

Interview Questions

Spencer Ogden Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Ops Director

Thank you for your review.

Consultant/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

It's pretty amazing that one can do several interviews, spend numerous hours in conversations in total, all way up through finals, and then not hear anything back from this company.

As a basic professional courtesy across any industry sector, it seems fairly standard to relay feedback (good, bad or ugly) within an expected time frame and not just go radio silent.

If this is a benchmark on how they treat counter-parties in general, I would warrant caution to all potential clients, candidates, or recruiters considering them as an employer. Just my two cents.

Spencer Ogden Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Ops Director

Thank you for this review and I am sorry you did not get any feedback from us. This isnt the experience of our brand we are wanting to portray and we are working hard on our candidate and brand... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview is a phone screen with a corporate recruiter. Second was a Skype interview with management. Third was a final in person interview. Everyone very nice. Process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• This business is champagne and razor blades. Can you handle it if the day gets tough?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with an HR employee then two in person interviews. I spoke with two girls that were a part of the HR team. They were very nice and welcoming. Afterwards, I spoke with a couple of the team managers that they have and a director. I was able to meet a lot of different people at the office, because it is a very open floor and you can see everyone that works there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment? What is recruiting to you? How are you motivated? By money or something else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took a couple of days. The recruiter contacted me about a brief phone call, then we set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours. The recruiter told me they would probably want me to come back the next day and that she would be in contact with me by the end of the day, as the role was supposed to start the following Monday. After not hearing back, I reached out to the recruiter and never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview. Went in for two additional interviews over the next week. Typical interview process with standard questions. Not too difficult. They really wanted to accelerate the hiring process. Met with 5-6 different managers in one day and all had same questions/comments.