Spherion Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spherion Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

This has been the worst experience with a staffing agency that I have ever had. The same day I applied, I received an email to participate in an open interview the next morning. The experience was more like a cattle herd, than a legitimate work opportunity. There were roughly 10 of us ranging from construction workers to business professionals. Spherion keeps the doors locked during business hours which was alarming to me. Who is coming by their office that they feel the need to keep the doors locked. One of the interviewees asked to use the bathroom when we arrived and the interviewer told him they "don't have public bathrooms." The man was there for an interview, he did not wander in off the street.

We were brought into a small room to complete applications and then each person had to stand up and give an elevator pitch to the whole group. After that, the interviewer went into the hallway to pick through the applications and select who she was going to interview that day, and who would be getting call backs. It was awful and uncomfortable. I left before the interviewer came back to select people for interviews. I don't think I was taken seriously as a job candidate, and I don't understand how you can come to any serious conclusions about a person's qualifications when you're comparing business professionals to construction workers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Spherion

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview, they asked me what I wanted and what type of environment I wanted and they were very accommodating. The environment of the interview over all was easy going and pleasing. They understood what I needed in a work environment and they provided that for me. I did not have any experience with administrative work so they found me a job that would give me the experience I needed in order to get into that type of work.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spherion (Spokane, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Upload your resume to spherion.com/jobs, call and ask to speak with a recruiter. You'll go in for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter (bring a paper copy of your resume!), and they'll set you up with Skills Assessment Testing and training videos, depending on the type of jobs you're applying for. After you complete the skill testing, the recruiter will submit you to any assignments you're qualified for.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you have identified about yourself, that you look to change in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

Submittal of resume. Online application and testing. Then, interview with Spherion Manager. Call the office, frequently, to inform them that you are available for work until they place you.

Interview Questions

• Starting with your most recent employment, explain work history in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recommend others to be persistent and call the office frequently to let them know your availability until they find work for you.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

The position needed to be filled as quickly as possible, and I got the job without interviewing. Hiring was immediate: notification on a Friday, began work on the following Monday.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spherion (Pasadena, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was set up through the agency. I was asked to come to Pasadena to interview with the head of the dept of a client and given a couple of time and date options. I dressed up, but not in a suit, as it was a Friday. Questions asked were typical - best and worst qualities, rate your ability to prioritize, deal with pressure. The interviewer said she would make a decision by a certain date and she did. I sent a thank you to her and the agency heard back from her within a short time after that. SEND A THANK YOU NOTE!