Spherion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spherion Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.2

Financial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

I first had a phone conversation and it went really well and I was asked to do some skills test which I did and then I was told to attend an interview but it was just the initial screening interview. The interviewer was late and she was not apologetic plus the interview was very rushed. I found the person interviewing me really rude and she kept cutting me off while I was speaking. I just got done the interview and I have been advised to wait few days for an opening. I am waiting for an offer.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths? and weaknesses   1 Answer

Print Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Madison, WI).

Interview

They Brought me into the site I would be working at, asked me basic interview questions. None of them too complicated and took me on a tour of the facilities and asked me when I could start.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us? Have you worked in the print industry before? Are you able to be on your feet for extended periods of time?   1 Answer

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

Multiple Spherion associates interviewed me at the same time on-site at the clients location, office setting in a small room. We discussed my qualifications, experience and what I could bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when..., and how do you handle a difficult employee.   1 Answer
    • When will you be available and the next steps will be...   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

This has been the worst experience with a staffing agency that I have ever had. The same day I applied, I received an email to participate in an open interview the next morning. The experience was more like a cattle herd, than a legitimate work opportunity. There were roughly 10 of us ranging from construction workers to business professionals. Spherion keeps the doors locked during business hours which was alarming to me. Who is coming by their office that they feel the need to keep the doors locked. One of the interviewees asked to use the bathroom when we arrived and the interviewer told him they "don't have public bathrooms." The man was there for an interview, he did not wander in off the street.

We were brought into a small room to complete applications and then each person had to stand up and give an elevator pitch to the whole group. After that, the interviewer went into the hallway to pick through the applications and select who she was going to interview that day, and who would be getting call backs. It was awful and uncomfortable. I left before the interviewer came back to select people for interviews. I don't think I was taken seriously as a job candidate, and I don't understand how you can come to any serious conclusions about a person's qualifications when you're comparing business professionals to construction workers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The Recruiter interview process was very professional and smooth. Initial phone interview, second interview was an informational interview, third interview was a "soft" interview. Was offered the opportunity to shadow current employees in order to see if I would be interested in the position.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, seemed interested in my previous accomplishments. Requested a verbal one year commitment, but also promised incentive potential for future profitability through effective recruiting strategies during that time. They never delivered on the discussion regarding commission earnings, production increases, as well as verified overtime pay.

Although I was initially hired to replace the existing Generalist, in February replaced the Lead Recruiter, who during her tenure produced approximately 1000 hours the year earlier until I was hired on in November.

Also during this time, approximately 5% of assignment talent were offered permanent employment, the biggest retention result from any Recruiter at Spherion Little Rock.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I strategized my results from recruiting environments, and if I planned to be permanently in Little Rock.   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with E-Verify?   1 Answer

Premier Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

This was the originally company that called me in regards to Asurion. I answered all the same questions. I set up an interview and then my mom was hospitalized. I gave Spherion ample notice (one day) and they never contacted me again. Apparently, no one can have a family emergency.

No Particular Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very attentive to my needs and reviewed all possible job opportunities. While there was nothing available at the time, he reconized my abilities and knows of an employer who may fit my needs in the future.

Interview Questions

• He mainly went over my resume and asked why I left my previous jobs. He asked what type of work I was looking for. Asked me questions regarding my particular skills and any education I have received.   Answer Question

Employee Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was really easy. It was more of a conversation. They just wanted to know if I could do the job and they just gave it to me. It was nice but they were in the middle of needing a lot of recruiters for a job assignment. I feel like they would actually ask more questions when it's not during a busy season.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a call center before and can you work this amount of hours?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spherion (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

easy with no questions, process was quick and easy. call about a job that was posted on a facebook job seeking page. called a recruiter. gave me a few options of open postions she had and where they were at along with the pay rate. i chose one. Went and did orientation which is just the typical workplace expectations stuff. Easy quick and no interview at all just a look at previous work history and when can you work ordeal.