Spherion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.2

Client Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

It consisted of several steps along with an in depth online personality assessment. It was somewhat off putting as an an applicant, but I was really interested in the opportunity. I initially applied and interviewed with the intention of usibg the company as a recruiter for my next role, but the recruiter I met with thought I would be a good fit to join their team. So I applied and went through the the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions- where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called about 2 hours before the interview to ask me to come in for the interview. I agreed, despite it being so last minute. I was told I would be interviewing with one person, but there were three people. I was also sent job details for a completely different position than the interview was actually for.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was uncomfortable because I was interviewing with three people instead of one, unlike I was originally told, and the job details were entirely different from the actual interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spherion in June 2010.

Interview

Very long process. Background check and references are time consuming for managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your work and personal life without letting one get in the way of the other?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Richmond, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager who was a former manager. I applied for the job on line and was contacted by the recruiter (a former coworker) for a preliminary phone interview. I then went into the company and interviewed with the hiring manager and five other people. I did receive a phone call that another candidate had been chose but believe I only received the call rather than an e-mail due to my previous relationship with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you were in conflict with your manager and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spherion (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I applied online for a temp admin job and got called in to interview for an internal recruiter opening. I was interviewed by the Senior Recruiter first, then I was interviewed by the whole team (5 people at the time) in a panel interview setting. They were friendly and polite. Then I met with the owner who was a little intimidating. After nearly 9 years with the company I am happy I made the decision I did!

Warehouse Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Visalia, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

One on One interview. Very easy questions. Thorough in seeking qualifications. Safety is a huge priority in this company. Job description is clear and what they expect out of employees is clear as well.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, seemed interested in my previous accomplishments. Requested a verbal one year commitment, but also promised incentive potential for future profitability through effective recruiting strategies during that time. They never delivered on the discussion regarding commission earnings, production increases, as well as verified overtime pay.

Although I was initially hired to replace the existing Generalist, in February replaced the Lead Recruiter, who during her tenure produced approximately 1000 hours the year earlier until I was hired on in November.

Also during this time, approximately 5% of assignment talent were offered permanent employment, the biggest retention result from any Recruiter at Spherion Little Rock.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I strategized my results from recruiting environments, and if I planned to be permanently in Little Rock.   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with E-Verify?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The Recruiter interview process was very professional and smooth. Initial phone interview, second interview was an informational interview, third interview was a "soft" interview. Was offered the opportunity to shadow current employees in order to see if I would be interested in the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spherion (Spokane, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Upload your resume to spherion.com/jobs, call and ask to speak with a recruiter. You'll go in for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter (bring a paper copy of your resume!), and they'll set you up with Skills Assessment Testing and training videos, depending on the type of jobs you're applying for. After you complete the skill testing, the recruiter will submit you to any assignments you're qualified for.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you have identified about yourself, that you look to change in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Killeen, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Honesty was the best mentioned. Description of the position was very thorough and explained. Questions that were mentioned was explained very professional. The interviewer was well dressed and mannered. She acknowledged how well I presented myself. She allowed me to introduce myself and asked what I planned to make Spherion a very comfortable and professional working environment for me.

Interview Questions

• When on the phone with a talkative customer, how would I take control of the situation?   1 Answer
    • What did I do when I had a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • How well I get along with people?   1 Answer