Spherion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.2

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Spherion (Waverly, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very professional and informative from job duties to safety..
    .I was dressed appropriately, attentive and straight to the point. I used my industrial experience to answer scenario questions as well as what to do questions..

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   1 Answer

Client Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

It consisted of several steps along with an in depth online personality assessment. It was somewhat off putting as an an applicant, but I was really interested in the opportunity. I initially applied and interviewed with the intention of usibg the company as a recruiter for my next role, but the recruiter I met with thought I would be a good fit to join their team. So I applied and went through the the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions- where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Warehouse Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Visalia, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

One on One interview. Very easy questions. Thorough in seeking qualifications. Safety is a huge priority in this company. Job description is clear and what they expect out of employees is clear as well.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Service for UPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Overland Park, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with a rep on the phone and then she sent me into the office. The interview was good and we filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way in which you have handled constructive criticism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There has not been one

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called about 2 hours before the interview to ask me to come in for the interview. I agreed, despite it being so last minute. I was told I would be interviewing with one person, but there were three people. I was also sent job details for a completely different position than the interview was actually for.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was uncomfortable because I was interviewing with three people instead of one, unlike I was originally told, and the job details were entirely different from the actual interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume in response to an online ad. I was contacted the next day by email. The recruiter also called me for a brief phone screen. The first step in the hiring process was an online test, consisting of five modules. After passing this test, I consented to a background check. After the clear background check, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. I also had to complete several forms online before the interview. The interview was about twenty - thirty minutes long and consisted of "tell me about yourself" questions and situational interview questions. That went well, and I was told I was a good fit for the company. I was taken to another room to enter my information (work experience,etc) in their computer system, and they made copies of documents and identification I was told to bring. I was told to return another day to complete more paperwork. At the close of this session, all applicants were told that as long as the background check was clear, we would be e-mailed a start date within the next few weeks. I received a phone call a few weeks later, telling me to expect an e-mail with directions and start time in the next few days. I didn't receive the e-mail, but a quick phone call resolved that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical, i.e., how did you resolve a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • How did you respond to a policy change you weren't in favor of?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Position was for Fort Lauderdale office. Extensive probing questions about past 3 positions,skill set and what salary I needed. They needed some-one with more administrative experience than I had and was candid with the Recruiter. He was so amicable and professional I sent him 3 leads. Will keep in touch with hi for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any payroll experience, or experience using People Soft?   1 Answer
    • What types of positions would you consider since your not a fit for this one?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Played phone tag with remote office for a week and a half, finally got a face-to-face interview locally. Was extended a job offer, only to have it revoked less than three hours later, with no explanation. This was an exceptionally frustrating, misleading and disappointing experience. Once the process was over, it was as if I never existed; I received no further response from either office.

Interview Questions

• How would you compensate for not having direct experience in the field in which this position takes place?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

The Hiring process was not very structured. I was initially called about a position, but when I got to the interview, it was for a completely different positions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses? Why do you think we should select your for this position.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews, a one-on-one that took over an hour and a skill and personality test at home, and online...told I was perfect for several of there openings - yet never heard back. They said to stay in touch with them and yet, you can never get them on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer