Spiceworks Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spiceworks Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Spiceworks

3.3

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spiceworks in October 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Went well and was asked to come in for an in person “panel” interview to pitch the solution to a group. Included a few mangers, and another Account exec. I was told I did very well and I would be contacted within the next week or two as to whether or not they were going to move forward with an offer. More than two months has gone by with no update. I to appear to have been ghosted, which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to working here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Spiceworks

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I met with a total of 13 people during the 3 face-to-face interviews I had. In addition I had a phone screen and a mock sales presentation where I was given a media kit and a budget and had to present to sales leadership.

Everyone was very friendly and it was not high pressure but it was a long process that requires a lot of time off of your current job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit in with our culture?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by multiple face to face interviews.Each interview in person takes place according to a given Schedule-- example: interviewing with these 3 people 30 min each at these times. Give yourself at least an hour 1/2 for each in person interview. You will meet with different people from the department you are applying for. Lastly you will meet with the founders. After each in person interview there is a "recap" session where they will rate you a yes or no... which will determine if you keep on interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Asked to give presentation selling products to a prospect. For an example they will ask you to sell a media campaign with a 10k budget and 40k budget and explain why you chose each product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The recruiter set up a time for late afternoon, which wouldn't normally be a big deal. However, she had been churning phone calls all day and by the time she got to me, I encountered a defeated and careless recruiter. I understand the phone screen process, and her main mission was to find a culture fit-ironically I don't think she fit in with the culture projected by Spiceworks.
         Nearly all of her questions were scripted, which I understand to a certain extent, so canned responses were needed so she could simply fill out the form she was reading off of and move on to the next candidate. Most of my questions were not able to be answered by the recruiter and defaulted to "You will have to ask an Account Executive that."--which could have been handled much better.
        I went in thinking I wanted to join the Spiceworks team, however after the initial screen I was turned off. Also, the compensation plan is low ball for industry standards. I would apply to Spiceworks with a raised eyebrow and low expectations from their recruiter staff.

Interview Questions

• "If you could make your next role what would it be?" --the obvious answer is something similar to the one you're applying for. This is a silly question, but the recruiters have to ask it, like robots.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

initial phone interview, flew me in from out of state to Austin for all day interviews, met with sales managers and exec level staff--got a nice lunch and then got offer within 2-3 days. Recuriter mentioned offer was only good for 24 hours--little aggressive. Virtually ignored by recruiter as soon as hired.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin by a recruiter advertising a new position they had - I responded positively and a call was scheduled.

Typical chat about my previous experience and the role itself. Discussed salary expectations and the rough compensation of the role.

That went well and I was invited on site for an in person interview scheduled for 2 days later.

In person interview was 2 hours long, with 4 different people at half an hour each. Everyone was SUPER friendly and down to earth. They definitely had plenty questions for me but they were well thought out and they were insightful and deliberate. This said, the whole thing just felt like a chat with old friends... super relaxed and effective - I felt totally at ease from the minute I walked in the door.

That also went well, and I was invited for a second round of in persons with the founders. I was nverous for this, but unnecessarily so. I met with three of the C guys, and they were all amazingly down to earth, incredibly open and genuinely interested in hearing about me as a person as opposed to an 'interviewee' ... The passion they had for collaboration and working together openly to achieve growing Spiceworks as an awesome company honestly inspired me. I walked way with a huge grin after 2 more hours of interviewing and pumped to get in the door.

My recruiter came back to me next day with an offer, the compensation package was lower than originally discussed, however the company offers such good growth opportunities and an almost weirdly good sense of teamwork/awesome culture it was a no brainer to accept.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions framed in casual conversation - very effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The recruiter reached out and did an initial phone screen for about 15 minutes. Then I was brought in for an in-person interview that lasted for about an hour. I was then sent a project: a proposal I had to put together within 24 hours, prior to my 3rd in-person. Once I got to the next steps, it was a grueling 5 hour interview (in a row) then I had to present my proposal to management.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Started w/ a recruiter as screening type call, was scheduled for an in-person later but I accepted another job in the meantime. Spoke to two different folks over at Spiceworks, they were both very nice and seemed very intelligent. I wish I had the chance to go further with the process, seemed like a great company.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview is really long, but ends up helping you understand why you should be there. You will sit down with at least 8 people throughout the interview process and you must get a yes from all of them.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you're told no?

What's your biggest character defect?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. I wouldn't even try.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spiceworks (London, England (UK)).

Interview

So the whole interview process was very long but I enjoyed every part of it due to the atmosphere, attitude and content that was shown by each interviewer. They value their working environment very highly and make sure that every new employee is a good fit for the company.

First step was a casual phone call - focused on general interests and my previous job experience. This was then followed by 4 interviews at the office and one of them being a pitch on a tech product. If everything goes as planned, they fly you out to Austin, Texas for 10 back-to-back interviews with some higher executives and founders.

Overall, I enjoyed all of the interviews, especially flying to Austin, Texas and asking the founders questions about the future of the company and the potential to grow within the company. It is rapidly growing and has a very innovative business model which is why they are growing so quickly.