Spiceworks Email Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spiceworks Email Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.6

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

The entire interview process took about six weeks. I had two phone interviews before being asked to complete a marketing assignment for a mock e-mail, which consisted of multiple parts.

After that, I was invited for an interview at the office. I met with four different people one-on-one and was asked pretty standard questions, but nothing very specific about actual e-mail marketing. The in-person interview was two hours long. Everyone was really nice, though, and I was pretty sure I aced it due to the positive feedback I got.

The hiring manager told me she would contact me by the end of the week with a final decision. I waited anxiously all week and heard nothing. I e-mailed her Friday afternoon and didn't hear back until Monday morning, when I was told I didn't get the job due to lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were an e-mail subject line, what would you say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Spiceworks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviews ranging from CFO & COO to people I would supervise, people from other departments with whom I'd work, and everyone in between. Went in on 4 separate occasions and met with a minimum of 3 people each time for at least an hour each. No job descriptions posted -- I was recruited early for positions they were looking to hire for but did not have formal, written responsibilities or qualifications. After presenting a 3 month get started plan, I was told I was over-qualified for both positions. I even helped write one description with the hiring manager.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

Was not a great interview. The hiring manager was very condescending and inexperienced. She mostly talked about what they did, even though I never got a clear picture of what it is they did, and kept firing questions about why I would want such a "hard" job like this. She wasn't well-spoken either, nor was she able to explain the process of their department very well. I left having no desire to work for the company because of the interviewer. The company seems great, but maybe they should have someone a little more professional and experienced conducting the interviews.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

A very, very, very long interview process. It included a 30 minute phone screen with someone from HR, following by a follow-up 30 minute phone screen with a hiring manager, an in-person interview with 4 different managers each for about 45 minutes, next was a homework assignment and then finally a sit down with the founder's that lasted about 30 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a phone interview. The questions were typical and the interviewer was very nice and personable. It only lasted about 15 minutes and the conclusion was that my qualifications didn't fit with what they were looking for.