Spiceworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spiceworks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

The entire interview process took about six weeks. I had two phone interviews before being asked to complete a marketing assignment for a mock e-mail, which consisted of multiple parts.

After that, I was invited for an interview at the office. I met with four different people one-on-one and was asked pretty standard questions, but nothing very specific about actual e-mail marketing. The in-person interview was two hours long. Everyone was really nice, though, and I was pretty sure I aced it due to the positive feedback I got.

The hiring manager told me she would contact me by the end of the week with a final decision. I waited anxiously all week and heard nothing. I e-mailed her Friday afternoon and didn't hear back until Monday morning, when I was told I didn't get the job due to lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were an e-mail subject line, what would you say?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very short for me. I must say that the email that I received to let me know that I was not selected was very polite, and of course said that they would keep me in mind.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in terms of hours and travel   1 Answer

Ad Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. Two phone interviews (one was a phone screening and the other was with the hiring manager) and one in-person interview that lasted a couple of hours. Interviewed by the CEO and VP of Marketing.

Interview Questions

• Describe what programmatic means to you in one sentence.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).

Interview

They were basically not hiring data scientists, but recruiting them and having them be a regular developer, which is what they really needed. I wish they had been upfront about that. I spent most of the time talking to a data scientist, but then realizing they really just needed someone to write javascript.

Interview Questions

• The typical question of finding which number in an increasing set is missing. For example, the natural numbers or even numbers, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Interview

Phone Screen; Phone Interview; Homework; 2 Onsite Interviews (standard).

Homework consists of 4 parts. You are given a deadline as to when you are to complete & turn it in. Challenging but very fun, if you like the career you are applying for

Interview Questions

• Various SQL questions. They had an environment to execute on. Most difficult would be to mine through comments field & find most frequent term across records   1 Answer
    • Provide work examples   1 Answer
    • Analyze survey data.   1 Answer
    • Hypothetical client scenarios on educating client and also explaining variance found in analysis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward negotiation. Tough interview process, but worth it.

Senior Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Spiceworks recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn - told me I looked like the ideal candidate and set up a phone interview. Had a great 30-minute conversation with her where she again affirmed me and my qualifications for the job and asked me to email her with my availabilities to speak with the Design Manager for the next round. We set up that conversation for the next day at 4pm. I prepared all day for this phone interview. He never called. I got stood up. I then emailed the recruiter for an explanation - where she responded with surprised concern. She then e-mailed me the next day saying that the Manager was OOO that day (?) and that they were going to fill the position with someone internally, and that that was news to her. I then saw that same exact position still being posted on LinkedIn, so I was stood up AND lied to by Spiceworks. Honesty goes a long way with me and I think others should be aware that this company has no problem with lying.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable managing a group of contracted designers?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

This interview process was efficient, professional, and responsive. In addition to the usual phone screen by a recruiter, there is a homework assignment to evaluate one's technical skills. Despite not getting hired, I appreciate the quick professional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What query would you write to join these two data sets together?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview is really long, but ends up helping you understand why you should be there. You will sit down with at least 8 people throughout the interview process and you must get a yes from all of them.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you're told no?

What's your biggest character defect?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. I wouldn't even try.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They left me hanging on an interview for 4 weeks. I checked in and they left me hanging for another 2 weeks (as they were considering multiple candidates?). It's been 4 months and I still haven't received a 1:1 interview.

The one and only reason I care enough to mention something here is that I turned down 2 great offers for a chance to work with some old colleagues. Jokes on me.

Software Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

After a pre-screen with a recruiter I was set up to talk with the manager of the group that I applied to. The interview was about an hour and it consisted of the interviewer talking about the product, company culture, the location and more stuff of that nature for about 40 minutes. After that I was asked about me and my resume. The recruiter went through my resume asking about each position I had and what I learned from them.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel something you learned in your last position will help you in this role?   Answer Question