Spiceworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spiceworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Spiceworks

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

This interview process was efficient, professional, and responsive. In addition to the usual phone screen by a recruiter, there is a homework assignment to evaluate one's technical skills. Despite not getting hired, I appreciate the quick professional rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What query would you write to join these two data sets together?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by in-house HR/Recruiter via LinkedIn connect request. She and I had one, 45-minute phone interview, which went well. She asked if I was open to moving to Austin, but I had to decline. The SF role was just not a perfect fit with my years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain your expertise in IT and selling to senior IT decision-makers.   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a series of meetings. I first spoke with a recruiter over the phone and was invited for an in-person meeting with three people. The next meeting was with three different people followed by a presentation that I prepared prior. The final meeting was with 2 of the founders. I received my offer the following day from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Spiceworks?   1 Answer

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter that was quick and simple, just a couple questions; and then another slightly more intensive phone interview with the hiring manager of my department. I was then asked to complete an assignment -- after the assignment was assessed and approved, there were two rounds of interviews. A first round of interviews with 5 interviewers (30 mins each), and a final roundabout a week later with 3 interviewers (30 mins each).

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview process is extremely thorough and lengthy, but Spiceworks genuinely cares about hiring people that are a good fit for their culture so it makes sense and is a large factor as to why this company is so awesome.

My interview consisted of the following:
    -phone interview with HR
    -phone interview with a member of the team
    -homework assignment
    -2.5 hour in-person interview with 5 members of the team
    -2.5 hour in-person interview with the founders

Interview was pretty difficult but I thought they did a great job at describing what the job entailed and were very open to questions. I also thought it was awesome that the founders interview each person that gets hired at this company. It's not often that you get to interview with the CEO at a company of this size.

The whole process took around a month to complete. I was presented my offer at the interview and accepted it that day. This company is great!

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest challenge will be in this position?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very courteous and patient, gave reasonable problems. Met with them at their headquarters and spoke about my experience programming and how I got into it. We then moved on to technical questions. Some of these were vague but it is the interviewee's task to ask questions that put the problem into managable parts so that wasn't an issue.

Interview Questions

• Basic comprehension of object oriented programming, string and array manipulation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Long and drawn out because they want every person to fit the culture perfectly. Trying to avoid the trickle down effect of hiring one bad person. Otherwise, not too hard and fun to meet a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you've made in the past and how did you deal with it..   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewing at Spiceworks is an experience unlike anywhere else. It's not that it's harder or massively more intentionally difficult than others but it's absolutely more bi directionally thorough than any other interview process I've been a part of, including the big "G". It's thorough for the right reasons; thoroughness for both the company and the candidate. This is a company that masters simple concepts most others have lost such as 1) it's equally important for the candidate to interview the employer (so be sure you really want and are ready to do just that), 2) make the candidate comfortable, and 3) don't fly through this very important process with the attitude that the candidate is just lucky to be here so sit down and let us do all the talking / asking. Not Spiceworks. You will interview and have fantastic conversations with 10 or more (literally) people including the founders (which is testimony to their dedication to accessibility and determination to keep things real ) and the end result is either saving you from not being fit or ensuring you get a shot at where you belong.

Interview Questions

• what kind of car would you be and why? (Not giving them all up, but this one was great)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

There were three interview rounds. As part of the rounds you meet the founders many others at HQ. Pitched exec management on product and messaging. Overall very solid, no hiccups.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were two 30-minute technical interviews that were back-to-back. Each interview consists of at least 2 coding problems and some questions over the time and space complexities of your code.