Spiceworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spiceworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Spiceworks

Senior Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks in November 2014.

Interview

I had a one on one phone interview with the recruiter who was an absolute pleasure. The recruiter then set up a second phone interview for the following week with the person to whom I would report. It was a phone interview and he seemed preoccupied with other items while we were talking. Towards the end of the interview, he disclosed that they had already offered this position to someone else and it was accepted and then at the last minute the previous applicant's former job countered and she stayed at her old company. He seemed pretty disinterested in what I had to offer and more upset that the first person did not work out.

Email Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

The interview process was explained to me by the recruiter upon our initial conversation. Everyone was so friendly, approachable and professional. Definitely felt very welcome right off the bat! Well done.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

They called, and we did the interview. Had a referral go straight thru company; nothing more after that. They seem to already make up their minds when they call call people.

Interview Questions

• All pretty basic stuff about the industry and themselves.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

Interview with my boss. Easy going atmosphere immediately makes you feel comfortable and at home. After the interview I think I got a tour of the office and was introduced into a few people that I would be working regularly with.

Interview Questions

• Why Spiceworks? What makes you interested in technical work?   Answer Question

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with four different people for 20-30 minutes each. Each interview was casual and personable, and the questions were targeted to the position but tweaked for a freelance opportunity.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an internal recruiter very shortly after. I had a 30-minute phone call with her, and then I had an hour phone call with the lead designer. Roughly a week later I was contacted again to submit design work. After working more than 48-hours over the weekend to complete the excessive design requests, I emailed it to the lead graphic designer who said he would get back to me shortly about it. After a week and a fews emails to the lead designer asking about the work I submitted, a recruiter blanket-emailed me to say they had moved on with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If I had to choose an alternate career, what would it be?   Answer Question

Director of Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks in December 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR & then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the 2nd phone interview, Spiceworks never communicated with me, again. I reached out to HR about a week after the 2nd phone interview but got crickets. Very unprofessional after I gave my time for 2 phone interviews. I am thoroughly unimpressed

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical. It started out with an interview from a member of the HR department. Afterwards, I spoke with a member of their User Experience Design team. The conversation went well. The gentleman asked about my experience in UX design, general design as well as future goals. Here comes the confusing part...they had me speak with a Web Designer as well (3rd phone interview). There wasn't any direct contact between UX Designers and Web Designers so it took me by surprise. At this point, I could only imagine they were interviewing me for a Web Designer position...but who knows. I wasn't sure what to make of the process at that point. It was that Sunday after the 3rd phone interview that I received the "thanks but no thanks" email. I've recently applied for additional openings. I tried contacting the HR member but no response.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather do UX design or web design?   1 Answer

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with an HR person that went very well. I was prepared, had researched the company and asked solid questions. I was very much qualified for the role. She scheduled an interview for me with the hiring manager the next day. 30 minutes before the interview, she leaves me a voicemail canceling the meeting and saying they’ve decided to go another direction. The most unprofessional behavior I’ve ever dealt with, and from a supposedly good company. No thanks.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

The process consisted of a quick 20 minute phone interview to qualify me with the recruiter from Spiceworks. Then an interview with 3 UX designers was scheduled a couple of days after that for round 1. Round 2 was an all day interview with 7 different people for 45 minutes each. I met with developers I would be working with, 2 of the owners, and a few managers I would work with. There was some white boarding and a couple of exercises from various people. All in all it was a pretty interesting round of interviews. None were really the same. They are big on culture at Spiceworks and it seemed like they really wanted to get to know you as a person and also if you can do the work.

Interview Questions

• I had to do an exercise called a 5 8 5 or something like that with one of the managers. Basically you have 5 minutes to sketch out 8 different simple ideas a features for a fake product he came up with. I can't recall what the product was, but I think it might have been a find your friends app or soemthing.   Answer Question

It was between 2 companies and I had a friend at the non-Spiceworks company.