Spiceworks Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spiceworks

1 Interview Review

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online for two positions--Test Engineer and Software Developer. I got an email back saying they were not interested in me for Software Developer but that they wanted to set up an interview for the Test Engineer position. I scheduled a phone interview, and got to talk to my recruiter. She asked me some general questions about myself and my resume, and in the end said she would try to get me an on-site interview for both positions.

The interview process was pretty long. I interviewed with four people in development for about 45 minutes each the first day. Questions tested thought process and ability to recognize bugs in web features. I left a little unsure of how well I did, but I scored myself a second interview.

The second interview was about the same in length. I got to meet the co-founders of the company and chat with them individually. There wasn't really much technical questions that day, as much of culture fitting questions. It was pretty cool since you actually get to talk to the CEO and see what the higher ups are like in the company. Sometimes they will ask a question that doesn't have a right or wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• Write an optimal algorithm to return the longest palindrome in a string.
    How would you test a toaster?
    What was your biggest failure in life?
    Given x amount of resources and a time frame, if your competitors are asking an average of x dollars to get a contracted job done, how much would you offer to charge the same contractor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get much leeway in negotiation. The recruiter said that the offer was what a person with my level of skills would get (so I'm assuming they offer more for people with visibly more skills).