Spillman Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spillman Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spillman Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a general phone interview with HR, followed by a technical phone interview with a software developer lead which included online live programming, followed by in person programming with 2 developers present

Interview Questions

• In the in person programming session I was asked to write a program which manipulated strings in a certain way to pass various unit tests   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Spillman Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spillman Technologies.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later receive the email. After that, we schedule a online test interview. I code for 20 mins and later I got the email to schedule a on site. In the interview, one manager and one tech lead will ask some general questions to see your passion. Then skill interview about designing card game and Rome number to int.

Interview Questions

• Rome number to int using java or any language u like on white board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spillman Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Simple, straight forward technical questions. They had me write recursive functions on the whiteboard. They also asked some conceptual and theoretical questions but they were all straight forward. The interviewers were really unresponsive and seemed quite bored which made me rethink even interning for a company like that.

Interview Questions

• Recursive Questions: fibonacci sequence, factorial, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spillman Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a set of basic computer science questions followed by some questions on resume content.

For the on-site interview, I was put in a conference room to speak one-on-one with 2 people. Each asked about my background and experience and then offered up a programming question to be solved on a white board. They were very basic: find first repeating character in a string and detect if two rectangles overlap.

After that, there was a third one-on-one interview at lunch. This one included one very simple string problem (find a closing bracket) and was followed by a chat about the company and what they're doing.

The office was very large but also very empty. This was a rather new building but had not yet been filled. I was taken up to one of the upper floors which consisted of a large number of cubicles and developers having standup meetings.

The culture seems pretty laid back and they are now starting to implement rigorous testing and development practices. Overall, it felt positive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a method in C# that takes two Rectangle objects and detect whether or not they intersect.   1 Answer
    • Write a method in C# that takes a string and returns the first repeated character.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spillman Technologies in June 2011.

Interview

Found the job posting on Careers.StackOverflow.com and emailed in a resume. Received a call back 3-4 days later and they asked a few basic questions. Next they scheduled a phone interview, and a day latter I went in for in person interview. There were three people that interviewed me (1 hour each), and the interviews consisted of Q&A as well as white board coding and talking about design and testing decisions.

It was a great experience and everyone was very friendly. They also had very nice offices.

Interview Questions

• General string manipulation questions such as counting words, reversing strings, or removing non-numerical characters. A large focus was on the design of the algorithms and the test cases you would use for verification.   Answer Question
    • How to detect if two shapes plotted on an X Y plane overlapped.   1 Answer

Had a slightly better offer from a bigger company. The offer was VERY generous and had great benefits, but I decided to go with a position that had more growth opportunity. It was a very difficult decision.