Spirent Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Initial 30 minutes Phone Screen about your work experience.
    2. Panel interview consisting of 4-5 team members. Questions will be based on your resume.
    3. HR will get back to you with offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my resume.
      Everything in the resume was verified.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Couple of easy phone interviews followed by an Onsite interview. Onsite Interview took 3+ hours. Started with Presentation followed by exercises on lab eqipment, Excel & MATLAB. Technical Interview by Hiring manager, most of the questions are simple and related to GPS & Wireless technoligies.

Interview Questions

• How GPS works? What is DSS? difference between cdma & FDMA? How many satellites are required for GPS to find the location? what kind of data is transmitted from satellites ? questions about Spectrum Analyzer?   Answer Question

pv Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on comany website.Got a mail from HR to schedule interview and the got a phone interview.
    Interview was around 30 mins mostly asked questions about projects on resume.After that in general question about Relocation.Got result after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic about Networking like ARP ,SDN .
      Network Virtualization
      AWS
      Clusters   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an interview. Conducted the interview over the phone with a guy that has a pretty thick Indian accent. Turns out the position required more than a passing familiarity with a certain concept, despite it being optional on the application. Received an email for a second phone interview. Zero response for scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with [insert program/concept/language]?   Answer Question
    • Can you elaborate on [insert project] from your resume?   Answer Question

DevOps Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was drawn out. I had to interview with 5 or 6 team leads that all had to agree. I won over all but one, which meant another round of interviews. The whole process spanned almost a month, even after expressing that timing was important. By the time an offer was made I had already written it off. Definitely got a sense that internal politics would heavily play into the day to day at spirent.

Interview Questions

• Lots of soft questions about management style, conflict resolution and a large number of worrying questions about how you react when you can't effect change, or control aspects of your environment.   Answer Question

Long interview process, job description listed one compensation and they offered significantly lower. Hadn't even made it in the door and company politics were impacting me.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Verbal offer followed by long process of requesting documentation and references, etc. While other offer(s) expired, after negotiating a verbal offer, they eventually rescinded the offer. I lost track of how many times I was told I'd have it in writing by close of business or first thing in the morning. Repeated Invasive verbal tactics to disclose competing offer sources. While team members I interviewed with where exceptional, the recruiter experience is the worst I have had in 18 years. Lack of professionalism. Repeated delays with root cause blamed on HR. Was told multiple times, signatory was out of town, or on vacation, he's been in meetings. Just need their signature so we can wrap it up. Left hanging on a promise of a formal offer while they where actually shopping candidates still.

Interview Questions

• How soon can you start.   Answer Question
    • Who has made you an offer? How much? What is the package. Asked multiple times and interjected into interview in an attempt to have accidentally disclosed after explaining I would not share competitor companies information in confidence. Asked same questions on multiple occasions in an attempt to verify prior information provided. It was more like an interrogation. Even after they rescinded the offer, asked me again!   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications.

Interview

Initial interview with hiring manager. Then 4 one-hour mixed phone & online skype interviews in the same day. Some with video & screensharing. They were a little disorganized, but overall professional

Interview Questions

• Write an XML parser to parse a certain type of XML where tags are redundant. There were other questions about DB designs deadlocking and some RTOS-related questions - even though this job was not an embedded SW position.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through university posting. There were total of four interviews - taken by the team I would be joining and the manager. First interview was half hour and was told that they would get back within few days. After 3-4 days, I was scheduled with another three interviews.. The next three were schedule on the same day and lasted for 2 hours. All were technical and in the first interview we also discussed about the work to be accomplished during the internship. The entire process took about 15 days.

Interview Questions

• C++, Object oriented, OS, multi threading, Linux, Networking - UDP/TCP/protocols. Questions on previous project.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Calabasas, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They had given me two options:- an on-site interview or a Skype call. I chose to go on-site for the interview. There were 3 rounds of 1:1 interview. They also gave me a walk through their workplace which was very exciting.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Straight forward and quick.Got a call from the HR , short 15-20 minutes HR interview. The HR than scheduled a phone interview with a technical member from the team.
    The interview started with questions on resume and previous projects followed by some programming questions to be answered through a shared screen.
    Got the offer letter within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Started with questions on resume and previous projects followed by some programming questions to be answered through a shared screen.   Answer Question