Spirent Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirent Communications Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications.

Interview

Applied online via their website. Got a call and email to schedule a phone interview within about a week or two. Surprisingly easy interview, really just a run through of your resume. Only one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter, Discussed by background and her interest in me for the position. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager and then a followup from the recruiter requesting to fly me to the HQ for a site interview. Met with the Hiring manger first the interview was scheduled 45m but ran 75m which pushed back the 2nd & 3rd interviewers. Overall the process was easy but bland I did not sense a lot of enthusiasm for working at the company. The 3rd interview was especially short 20m since we were behind schedule.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult but a broad set of questions against various customer types and product applications.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Frederick, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the manager of the software group. He was pleasant and easy to talk to. They then brought me in for an interview. He was the same in person. The other people that interviewed me were nice- but a few were not overly professional. One of them shoved his laptop in front of me and asked me to code the question below. When I was coding it- he was constantly looking over my shoulder and talking to me- it made it hard. He has a different coding style- and constantly made comments about

Interview Questions

• Write code to multiply two numbers without using the multiplication sign.   2 Answers

Better offer somewhere else

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2014.

Interview

An alumnus notified my school of internship opportunities in his team. I applied for the position by directly sending my resume to the alumnus, but it was also possible to apply for the position through the company website.

The interview process consisted of two rounds, both technical. In the first round, I interviewed with both the team lead and an engineer in the team.

Interview Questions

• First Round: Implement a stack. How would you reverse the order of elements in the stack?   Answer Question
    • Second Round (3 Questions):
      - Given an n-dimensional hypercube with 10 cubes to an edge, how many cubes would be on the surface of the hypercube?
      - Create a function to determine whether a loop exists in a Linked List.
      - How would you use object oriented programming to design a chess (or checker) game?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications in March 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair in November, applied for summer internship in late February. Short phone interview to confirm I was a real person and interested in the job, and then on site interview was arranged. The Interview was all behavioral, no technical questions despite them being interested in my technical coding skills. Easy interview, my resume spoke for itself, and no tough questions were asked at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they pay their interns a standard rate. I actually got more than I had said I was looking for originally.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed resume and asked if worked with certain programs/languages. Nothing hard.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spirent Communications.

Interview

I was invited for an on-site interview. There were 6(!) one-hour long interviews.

Interview Questions

• Soft questions like describe a challenging situation where you disagreed with your team. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Honolulu, HI) in January 2014.

Interview

Took 1 month for the full process. 2 rounds. One phone interview followed by a 2 hr skype interview. Interview was easy. Basic questions. Offer was confirmed within a week. Best learning experience. Greater projects are provided. Work load is not too much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Calabasas, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Received contact from recruiter, and scheduled 1st 45 min technical interview via phone.
    Then after couple of days, HR contacted me to schedule 2nd On-site interview. On-site interview were done with 2 staff engineers and 2 sr. software engineers and hiring manager at the end.

Overall experiences were okay. However, HR was not very responsive and did poor job of updating progress.

Wireless Applications Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirent Communications (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got email from HR for phone interview.. Was asked mainly about resume and past projects. When I didnt get a reply in two weeks, I mailed the HR and was told to take a second round phone interview. But before that could happen the position was changed to a more senior position and since I was a new grad , I wasnt considered