Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirit Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at Spirit Airlines

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

After I applied online I was sent an assessment that took forever. It had a lot of math questions and pattern questions. About 3 weeks later I got an email asking to go down to Ft Lauderdale on 10/4 for an interview. I know everyone who wants to prepare will be reading all of these interviews so if you are going to Ft Lauderdale on 10/4 for the interview let me know!

Interview Questions

• Lots of math, patterns, situational and which is more you questions.   27 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Spirit Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

A ton of people showed up. They did play upbeat songs right before the presentation to loosen us up which was helpful. But everyone was expected to be making loud noises and cheering as if we were at some football game. I don't like yelling; faking over the top enthusiasm is not me. I have been in the service industry for many years and I know how to take care of quests; I am also a skydiver on the weekends so I am familiar with the inherent danger of flying and the importance of triple checking your equipment and paying attention to detail. I felt I was qualified for the job.

During orientation they explained the flight schedule and that's when I was starting to have doubts whether I even wanted the job. There is a lot of days when you will not be able to make plans or have a life because you basically have to sit home and be on call; if they call, you have two hours to arrive at the airport. There are also days when you will go to the airport just to wait there for 5 hours; in case they need you. You do, however, get guaranteed 4 days off in a row twice in a month. Sure, you can fly to Paris on those guaranteed days off but with the little money you will be earning, you will not be able to afford lodging and food etc. They have a 401k plan but seriously how much are you going to be able to save even if you make $30k in a year (by picking up flights on your guaranteed days off). They kept saying that you wont be rich as far as money is concerned but with the benefits of free flying, you will be rich in a whole other way. I think this is a job for younger people who want to try something new for a little while; although there were a lot of older individuals applying. What do I know...

My fish bowl question was "What would you change about your previous employer?". I followed the procedure by giving my first name, followed by my number. I gave the answer right away and I have no issues with confidence, projection and eye contact. They asked a serious question; I gave them an honest answer; I was professional about it. It was my impression from researching on here that the fish bowl part of the interview was just about demonstrating the ability to follow simple instructions, projecting your voice and showing confidence while public speaking. WRONG. I think that because of my honesty, it was clear that I am a strong woman and I think that scared them. They don't want anyone strong who could potentially stand up against unfairness in the work place and thus, rock the boat a little. I think had I gave a vague answer with some sugar coating, maybe I would have made it to the next round.

I was quite shocked to see the people that got cut after the fish bowl exercise. There were some individuals that were confident, projected well, upbeat and could think on their feet; yet they still got cut.

If it's your dream to become a flight attendant; go for it. If you feel less strongly about it; I'd think twice about spending hundreds of dollars for a plane ticket, lodging and food expenses to attend their interview. They should weed out a lot of people via Skype interviews before having half the country purchase a ticket to fly with their airline (since it's the cheapest) to get to the interview. I swear they must make profit doing these mass "interview" events. They will provide you with water; well, not even because it ran out and I had some ice cubes...

At first I took the rejection personally and was offended but then I thought about it all and I don't think I would be happy with the job at all; I'd feel exploited for earning so little given the hectic and unpredictable nature of the job.

Yes, this review is long but it is also honest. If it's your dream then go for it. I was there with a girlfriend of mine and she got selected. She has a bubbly personality and can improvise at the drop of a hat; she's so good at it I wish I possessed such skill. It was her dream to be a flight attendant. I hope she enjoys it once she gets to the fleet.

If you are not fluent in the English language, confident with public speaking, able to project your voice while thinking on your feet with a huge smile; all at the drop of a hat; I'd develop these skills first before spending money on a flight to the interview.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• "What would you change about your previous employer?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Was easy but unfair the yellow group was the only group with over 90% of people didn't get hired. And I believe it was because that group interviewers had everyone doing a sells pitch to them you could have done well on everything else but not get hired because of the sell ...if u make it to second round be careful with the sells and fish bowl questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

F2F interview was fun, just remember to mingle as they are watching you all day. Always be smiling and be patient its an all day interview but completely worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

Interview

Prepare yourself for a long day!
    Seriously I spent over 13 hours at this process.
    PLEASE read a thousand times if necessary your invitation email, use a business attire, dress like a flight Attendant, have a professional hair cut, got to have a passport (or else you would not be able to continue), have a copy of all your documents that they previously ask and from your invitation.

I got 30 minutes late so I was one of the last to be attend. Lucky I was able to continue due the huge line with over 400 applicants going across the hotel...
    once you're in the building, they ask for all the following documents while you're in line, if you don't have a passport, you're cut!
    This airline's process is really different from other airlines I've ever done (United and American).

I didn't felt "lucky" to be there and for having a invitation, because there was all types of people you can imagine.
    Also, when I got the invitation by mail I got four at once, so I guess they sent it to all applicants with no filter.

After the pre-check at the line, you'll have your documents rechecked, then you'll be asked for preference base assignment (they will tell you the ones available at that moment), you'll have name tagged, a number and a color group.
    They start the day with the president (I guess) talking about the company's values, they introduce all the flight attendants and employees present (recruiters) and explain how is a flight attendant lifestyle.

After that they'll split you into color groups and will assign a room where your group will begin the interviews.
    In the room you are welcome to sit whatever table you want.
    Remember: be friendly and get to know your colleagues, don't be over friendly. A lot of people were being too over and believe me, it was kinda boring to see that...
    The recruiters are always watching and taking notes so just be yourself, show that you're excited, happy, never forget to smile, yes yes yes smile a lot (it's free).
    When your group is called you'll make a line, you'll have to go to the middle of the room, select a card with a questions and answer it.
    Be quick, use the STAR method, don't take FOREVER to think/answer, don't overthink just answer... be prepared for the unexpected...

After that you'll have a break of a hour, eat because your day might be longer.
    At the time they determined, you and all the applicants will go back to the main room where you started your day.
    Be prepared to wait.
    Me and others applicants waited over five hours, yes five hours to have our number and name called. During that time you're doing absolutely nothing, just watching over and over again an old CNN news about Spirits new brand and interacting with others. Yeap it's really exhausting.
    (You can be lucky 🍀 to be the first ones to be called too)

When you're finally called it's for your F2F interview. (Two recruiters and you)
    It's really intimidating, specially if you don't have experience in this industry and/or with sales.
    Questions they ask at the F2F:
    *Why Spirit?
    *Why you want to be a flight Attendant?
    *What can you bring to the position?
    *Are you willing to relocate?
    *What would you do if in your first fly you see a flight Attendant being rude to a customer?
    *what would you do if a customer complains that "water isn't free and he refuses to pay because he wasn't warned before"?

After that you will wait in another room, there you will be waiting to know if you succeed it or not. If they called your name out first, that's a TBNT.
    The rest in the room will be asked to go to another room, fill out paperwork, get fingerprinted, take your badge photo (make sure you'll look good because that's your badge photo) and make your drug test.
    Then your day is done.
    It's a very long process, be positive and even if you don't get a offer you are told everything about flight Attendant lifestyle, schedule and all those info that the other airlines don't provide before training.
    I got a job offer and my class starts soon.
    Hope I could help you guys!

Good luck!!!!🍀👍

Tips:
    Get really early (that way your day will end sooner)

Interview Questions

• Why Spirit   2 Answers
    • What can you bring to the position?   1 Answer
    • Why you want to be a flight Attendant?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if in your first fly you see a flight Attendant being rude to a customer?   1 Answer
    • what would you do if a customer complains that "water isn't free and he refuses to pay because he wasn't warned before"?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to relocate?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines in August 2016.

Interview

Make sure to drive early as it will matter later in the day! You will first listen to the company background, then you will be divided up into rooms where you will have to answer a random question. If you pass your question, you've made the first cut.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I completed a the application in August 2016. I was then invited to complete a video interview a month later. They gave me 5 days to complete with a set deadline time. I want to say the interview was fairly easy. The only thing I didn't like much was the 1 minute given to answer the question. Spirit virtual interview was not like any of the others for sure .

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

I applied online on 7/5/2016. Like other people have stated, the assessment was more difficult than most but I just tried my best. I received an email on 7/21/2016 inviting me for the f2f interview on 8/4 in Dallas. They never asked me to do a video/Skype interview like some of the others. Luckily I live in Fort Worth so I don't have to worry about paying for a flight or hotel. If anyone else is going to the f2f on 8/4 we should get a group to meet up beforehand! :-) This will be my first f2f interview for an airline and I'm pretty nervous.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying and completing "personality test" online, I received an invitation to attend the group hiring event (interview). Now, I believe you have to complete a video interview before being invited to the hiring event.

You are responsible for your own transportation to the hiring event. There, you, along with 100-400 other applicants, go through several rounds of the interview. First, they check to make sure you have all the required documentation, of which you are made aware well before the event. Then you all sit through a presentation about the company and the position (it's actually pretty entertaining).

Then all the applicants are broken up into two groups, which are dealt with independently by separate hiring staff. There are some personality type activities and smaller group activities to test how you work with others as well as your speaking presence/customer service aptitude.

They are watching you and your attitude through the ENTIRETY of the interview (from the time you're waiting in the morning before checkin to the very end). Stay POSITIVE, hold up a GOOD ATTITUDE, and be aware of your presence and the company you keep.

They make a couple cuts of applicants (the first is very big, about half; the second also significant, but not as great). Then they give you a lunch break.

When you return, all the remaining applicants gather together again for another presentation. After this time, the hiring staff checks that all applicants satisfy the physical requirements (i.e. you lift a full carry-on suitcase above your head). Then they interview you face-to-face (two interviewers to every applicant).

After the face-to-face, they send you out of the interview room, and you wait in another room until you hear the result. While you wait, you fill out some minimal info on a computer with one of the hiring staff. Then they bring you out of the waiting room to finally let you know if you're hired (provisionally, of course) or being let go.

If they decide to hire you, you immediately go into another room (where they have coffee/refreshments for you; it's really quite a long day by the time you make it to this phase), where you fill out some new hire paperwork and take your badge photo (Ladies and Gents, make sure it's a good one, because you are S-T-U-C-K with it for good). Then you get drug tested on site.

You will hear back from the company pretty soon afterwards regarding your employment status and plans for Initial Training.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• They divide applicants into groups of about 10 and ask you to create an airline, complete with logo, slogan, business model, mission, etc. They want to see how well you work together/leadership/teamwork/creativity/etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out the app and then took an assesment about 2 weeks later I received an invitation to go to an open house. Got there like 200 plus ppl. They split you into groups and then you went to another room. Once in the room they called table to table to come up pick a question out of a bowl then present it to the rest of the room. Once everyone went the recruiters left the room and came back and called numbers. Of your number was called then you were cut. We went to lunch then came back and waited for our 2 on 1. In the 2 on 1 u had to left a 40lb bag and then read an annoucement and try to sell an item off the menu. The interview questions were based on customer service and can be found right on here. Once that was over we went to a desicision room. Once there they call your name if you make it and then you go fill out the rest of your paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult or stressful situation?

Why do you wanna be a flight attendant?

Why spirit?   Answer Question