Spirit Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spirit Airlines

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I completed a the application in August 2016. I was then invited to complete a video interview a month later. They gave me 5 days to complete with a set deadline time. I want to say the interview was fairly easy. The only thing I didn't like much was the 1 minute given to answer the question. Spirit virtual interview was not like any of the others for sure .

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

I applied online on 7/5/2016. Like other people have stated, the assessment was more difficult than most but I just tried my best. I received an email on 7/21/2016 inviting me for the f2f interview on 8/4 in Dallas. They never asked me to do a video/Skype interview like some of the others. Luckily I live in Fort Worth so I don't have to worry about paying for a flight or hotel. If anyone else is going to the f2f on 8/4 we should get a group to meet up beforehand! :-) This will be my first f2f interview for an airline and I'm pretty nervous.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying and completing "personality test" online, I received an invitation to attend the group hiring event (interview). Now, I believe you have to complete a video interview before being invited to the hiring event.

You are responsible for your own transportation to the hiring event. There, you, along with 100-400 other applicants, go through several rounds of the interview. First, they check to make sure you have all the required documentation, of which you are made aware well before the event. Then you all sit through a presentation about the company and the position (it's actually pretty entertaining).

Then all the applicants are broken up into two groups, which are dealt with independently by separate hiring staff. There are some personality type activities and smaller group activities to test how you work with others as well as your speaking presence/customer service aptitude.

They are watching you and your attitude through the ENTIRETY of the interview (from the time you're waiting in the morning before checkin to the very end). Stay POSITIVE, hold up a GOOD ATTITUDE, and be aware of your presence and the company you keep.

They make a couple cuts of applicants (the first is very big, about half; the second also significant, but not as great). Then they give you a lunch break.

When you return, all the remaining applicants gather together again for another presentation. After this time, the hiring staff checks that all applicants satisfy the physical requirements (i.e. you lift a full carry-on suitcase above your head). Then they interview you face-to-face (two interviewers to every applicant).

After the face-to-face, they send you out of the interview room, and you wait in another room until you hear the result. While you wait, you fill out some minimal info on a computer with one of the hiring staff. Then they bring you out of the waiting room to finally let you know if you're hired (provisionally, of course) or being let go.

If they decide to hire you, you immediately go into another room (where they have coffee/refreshments for you; it's really quite a long day by the time you make it to this phase), where you fill out some new hire paperwork and take your badge photo (Ladies and Gents, make sure it's a good one, because you are S-T-U-C-K with it for good). Then you get drug tested on site.

You will hear back from the company pretty soon afterwards regarding your employment status and plans for Initial Training.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• They divide applicants into groups of about 10 and ask you to create an airline, complete with logo, slogan, business model, mission, etc. They want to see how well you work together/leadership/teamwork/creativity/etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out the app and then took an assesment about 2 weeks later I received an invitation to go to an open house. Got there like 200 plus ppl. They split you into groups and then you went to another room. Once in the room they called table to table to come up pick a question out of a bowl then present it to the rest of the room. Once everyone went the recruiters left the room and came back and called numbers. Of your number was called then you were cut. We went to lunch then came back and waited for our 2 on 1. In the 2 on 1 u had to left a 40lb bag and then read an annoucement and try to sell an item off the menu. The interview questions were based on customer service and can be found right on here. Once that was over we went to a desicision room. Once there they call your name if you make it and then you go fill out the rest of your paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult or stressful situation?

Why do you wanna be a flight attendant?

Why spirit?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

A long process they divide you up into 3 groups of 40 people. Stand before the group you say your name and number then pull a question out of a bowl

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume 1/30 and answered the assessment which consists of random graphs and questions. About three hours later I received an invite for the group interview. I'm flying out on Sunday 2/5 for the interview Monday in Ft. Lauderdale. Nervous but have been researching all my questions and answers.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

So when they say be there early? Yeah, be there rather early. Like maybe an hour before in some cases. If you've read over any other review about Spirit it is exactly the same as it states. Went through the February 6th round of interviews. They accepted 160 or so of the 450 that were present. If it seems unorganized and chaotic then you're in the right place. I was there for 18 hours. DO NOT PLAN TO GO ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU ARE DONE. NO EXCEPTIONS. Oh, and if you fly to Florida make sure to fly in the day before and then the day after at least to give yourself time.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst trait about yourself   4 Answers

Negotiation

If you Interview and you make it through you take the job. Simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Spirit asked for you to send in a resume and then from there you'll receive an email with an invitation to take a quiz regarding numbers and shapes (some of the questions don't make sense, I think that's the point). After that, you'll receive an invite regarding their hiring sessions. I went to the one in Fort Lauderdale. I'd say, be yourself but also be mindful that although it's a relaxed and fun airline they're also looking to see if you can follow directions and are a clear communicator. I would honestly describe the interview process being more like an American Idol audition based on the fact that you will be among a large group of people and everyone is very nervous.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is being difficult about paying for inflight beverages, how would you address the situation?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for Spirit a few weeks ago online. after I applied, I received a link for an "assessment" but it was an IQ test and was difficult. A couple days after that I was invited to a F2F in Ft lauderdale. There was a lot of people there and we were split into groups for the infamous fish bowl questions. the quality of your answer depends on the quality of the question you drew. some were easy others were difficult. make sure you follow directions and speak loudly and clearly. after that, first cuts were made then we broke for lunch then round two. round two is the 2 on 1 interview and lifting the suitcase. my interview went very well so i thought, so i was disappointed when i wasn't selected. it was a positive experience overall and i met some great people.

Interview Questions

• i wish i could remember what questions were asked but they were all situational on the 2 on 1 and a really random mix for the fish bowl   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

First off, if you don't live in or near Fort Lauderdale, FLY IN THE DAY BEFORE!!!!
    Men, wear a suit, and do NOT leave your jacket at home.
    They are not kidding when they say no one is admitted after 7am. As with all of the other reviews, yes, the line is extremely long, and yes, it takes a fair amount of time to check everyone in. However, considering there were 420 people in attendance, and 5 people checking everyone in, it all went rather quickly. The people who complain about this are already in over their heads. Remember to smile and converse with the people around you. The check in process took about 45 minutes, and from there, we all moved into the next room to listen to a presentation about Spirit. While you're waiting for this to begin, converse with the people around you. The presentation lasts about 90 minutes and then everyone is split up into groups for the next part of the process. For this, you will be answering random questions out of a fishbowl. Make sure you follow the instructions your are given word for word. Do EXACTLY what the interviewers tell you to do, EXACTLY how they say to do it. Answer your question EXACTLY how it's supposed to be answered, short and informative. DO NOT add in any extra information. DO NOT explain your answer unless it is required by the card you pick. If it asks for a one word answer, give a one word answer. This excersize is designed to show the interviewers if you can follow instructions, as well as how you think on your feet. Stand up straight, talk to the room and not the interviewers. Project your voice and be confident in your answer, no matter what it may be. DO NOT make your answer about customer service unless you absolutely have to. They already know that's why you're there. Your answe should be unique to you. If you do not follow your instructions exactly, or if you do not speak clearly and concisely, you WILL NOT be moving on to the next part of the interview. Half of your room will be cut. The numbers they call that leave the room will be cut, everyone else will go to lunch before the face to face interviews.
    When the remaining people were all back in the original room, we had been cut from 420 to about 250. This part is all bout waiting. 5 or so people from each group will be called for a face to face, and then move to the decision room. This stared at about 1pm and we had all received interviews by 630 or 7. The face to face is simple, questions are based off your resume. Be honest, and don't just tell the interviewers what they want to hear. When giving the flight attendant speech, speak clearly and project your voice. Read it over once to yourself before you say it aloud, and whatever you do, remember to read the punctuation.
    You will be in the decision room for about 30 minutes. When your number is called, go outside. The only real way to tell whether or not you will be receiving a job is if you see a stack of index cards in the hand of one of the HR people. You will either be moving on to the next room for paperwork, and drug testing, or you will be leaving.
    The paperwork and such takes a very long time. I went into that room at about 630, and didn't leave until 1115, and there were still plenty of people there waiting to finish. From the 250 people who were given a face to face interview, 161 were offered jobs.

If you are on a time constraint, or have an issue with waiting, this is NOT the interview for you.
    DO NOT book a flight to leave the same night, you WILL miss it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest fear in life?   2 Answers