Spirit Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spirit Airlines

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Dont fall for this as i did, this is a great money making scheme for their company. 400 people attend , probably more than half fly down on spirit. Half get cut before lunch and then another 100 by dinner time. They dont look at your resume unless youve made it to a face to face. And the online test is never looked at , people were saying they just put any answers at all for the online test, so obviously its never looked at. This was a 500.00 job interview, after flight, hotel and food. They have no intention of hiring alot of people. If this was legit they would of done video interview furst like every other airline. I could of put my dogs name down and he would of gotten an invite.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work alone or in a group.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

There are over 400 people there for the same position and they are only hiring about 40 people. You have to check-in with your passport, then they have a overview about the company and it's almost like a motivational speech conference. Then your divided into groups of like 80 people and your have to present your name and pull a question out of a fish bowl.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

After filling out the online application, Spirit can choose to send you an offer to come to Ft. Lauderdale for an in person interview. There were lots of applicants there from all over. You must bring your passport, interview invitation from the email they sent you, and ALL of the assorted paperwork (identification, diploma, etc.). During my interview, they were interviewing for four different locations. You get to choose your preferred location but that does not mean they will place you there. All of the applicants meet in a big room to go over the general overview of the job (what a typical flight attendant schedule looks like, the pay, and overview of the company). After taking questions, they split everyone into different rooms depending on the color of your name tag and location that you picked. After splitting up into the different rooms, the interviewers asked us to pick a card from a bowl, read the question out loud, and answer it. The questions were pretty basic like if you could go anywhere in the world where would you go, how would you describe customer service in 3 words, three strengths about you, three weaknesses, if you had your own radio show who would you bring on there to talk to. They also said you would be staying the entire day depending on if you make it past certain stages in the interview process. They also said you would find out by the end of the day if you got the job or not. In two days you would know which location you would be at.

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

You watch a a company video. It's allot of hype with fun music to get you pumped up. They give you lots of facts about the position. The. They divide you into groups. Each person draws a question and answers it. After that they call names and bring you down the hall. They thank you for coming but that you will not be moving forward.

Application

Interview

I arrived about 5am, they said door closed at 7am. It did not start until a quarter after 9am! High energy, they play music, these people are getting on their feet and clapping for people they never even met in the company. In my honest opinion it was over the top and tacky, not professional and the workers were rude. I made it to the final round and one of the interviewers was actually zoning out, looking elsewhere and not paying attention. No professionalism. The pay is poverty level, but if you want to make it a career you can make some money later in life. If you are willing to throw $300+ on the line for the opportunity do it. You are responsible for flight, hotel, food, everything. Literally like their flights all you get is a seat in the room. In the end they make money because you probably end up flying them there for their interview. I got turned down, but I really think it would have been a bad fit so no hard feelings. I'm not overly peppy and what came off to me as fake nice. I'm sorry but 13hrs to tell me thanks but no thanks will always be over the top for me. Then I got stuck at the airport for 24hrs because I missed my flight.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • Name a situation where you and a coworker disagreed and the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The first thing I did to prepare for my interview was come on Glassdoor and I'm glad I did because the process is exactly how described on here.

I submitted an application online in mid December and got an invitation a couple weeks later for the F2F that was January 10th, which is pretty face paced compared to other airlines and their interview timelines.

I read on other reviews I read that it was going to be a long day and they were not exaggerating. If you're selected it could be up to a 13hr day like it was for me. The interview time on the invitation was 7am and I arrived an hour early and there was probably already 100 people there. Make sure you have all of the documents they ask for in the invitation email because you will be turned down if you don't have them.

It took about an hour and a half to register and seat the 400+ candidates that came and they started the information session at about 8:30a. They talk about the company culture, roles and responsibilities of a FA, as well as the benefits and what to expect at training for another hour and a half before breaking you up into groups but he color of your name tag.

Once broken up into groups you will have the "group interview" portion of the day where you stand up in front of you group which was till about 75-80 people and answer a question out of a fishbowl. The questions are all random from "What are you most afraid of?" to "Use 3 adjectives to describe great customer service.". Theres really no preparing for this portion and I don't think they are looking for correct answers as much as they are looking for somebody who is quick on their feet and could project their voice as well as smile while they speak and scan the room and give eye contact to the audience. After the whole room has gone up they will tell everyone they have a 20 minute break and that is when they will decide who they want to cut. Once back in the room if your number is called unfortunately you will be cut.

The remaining candidates, still about 200 people left, will go back downstairs into the room the initial welcome presentation was in and they will congratulate you for getting that far and announce lunch. After lunch is when you will be broken up into groups again and have your 2:1 interview, one HR person as well as a FA. Part of the interview will be picking up a 50lb luggage over your head. You will also have to read an announcement and fill in the blanks aloud. This is where you want to speak clearly and project your voice. They will ask you questions based off your resume and also behavioral question like "What would you do if a customer becomes irate with another FA because they did not know "water isn't free" and other passengers start to notice?". This is your time to shine and bring your personality into it. Just practice the STAR method and you will be fine.

From there you will be brought into the "decision" room to wait to see if you are chosen or not. They will eventually call everyone out of this room in groups to let you know if you got the CJO or not. If selected you will take your drug test and run your fingerprints all the same day which is why they remind you constantly to expect a long day.

You do not find out your base on the spot though. We were told we would be emailed within 48 hours and I received mine the next day and luckily for me I got my preferred base but stayed in contact with some candidates I met at the interview and some were not as lucky. My suggestion to anyone planning on traveling to the interview location is to just wait until they hold an interview near you, as they do not provide flights or lodging if you're not a local.

My tip:
    Suit up! Dress very professionally and ALWAYS smile!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame a disagreement with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick, literally takes all day. Interview check in begins at 7 the introduction doesn't start until 9 get there early with all required documentation. Be sure to take the time to get to know anyone you come into contact with. Also don't over do it, you make yourself look awkward and puts everyone in an awkward place. Be quick on your feet to answer any questions. Forget the word um.

Interview Questions

• Random fishbowl question, be sure to elaborate on the answer and tie it to customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

A waste of time , they first tell you about the company then break you up into small groups , where you will be asked one question, if they like your answer you will advance , if they don't they will call your name out to go outside to let you know you did not advance. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Three words describing customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, and did the assessment shortly after. I then got an invitation to do the f2f interview in FLL. So many people! Out of about 500 people, a small amount got chosen to go through. It was intense

Application

Interview

I arrived at the location prior to the 7:00 am interview start time. There were hundreds of candidates. You must present your invitation at arrival.

We went through several lines prior to entry. They asked for the passport at registration if you do not have it you will not be admitted.

The interview lasted all day. Do not book your departure flight before 11:00 pm.

Please take this serious, dress professional. That means a suit or very taylored and dress to your knees-long sleeved. Look like you already have the job. You are being watched as soon as you arrive they constantly stress that. This is at least 10 hours long if you make it to the end.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to be a flight attendant
      2) What challenges are some of the cons that you will face