Spirit Halloween Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirit Halloween Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Plaistow, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Plaistow, NH).

Interview

Short and sweet, the DM was straight to the point. They asked basic questions pertaining to how you handle different situations. As long as you have experience and a positive attitude you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it in a positive manner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Spirit Halloween

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Oswego, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was really quick, they just ask a bunch of questions about retail experience, if you're a quick learner, and if you've ever handled money before. Really unprofessional my interviewer had sweatpants on.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an internal theft situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The DSM was unprepared. The Store Manager was professional and intelligent. I felt that the Store Manager had everything together but others would not let him always do his interviews and make the decisions he was hired to do.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Clifton, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It was quite simple: They had me fill out a few forms and then proceeded to ask me questions. The manager did her best to make it simple and we glided through the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Spirit Halloween? What is your favorite thing about the holiday? What was the most memorable customer service moment you have had? The worst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyannis, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Hyannis, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a call from my district manager saying he would like me to come in for a interview. The next day I went in and sat down with him. Since I worked their last year, I didn't have to answer as many questions. He asked me why I would be good for this position as well as what it involved. After about 10-15 minutes he told me to look out for the email that would have the link to finish up my employment with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiation since the pay Im getting at Spirit at the moment is much more then my sales associate position at a other company.

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Mesquite, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Only had one interview, which made sense considering it's a seasonal position. Interviewer got straight to the point. Asked many questions about work experience, personal traits(strengths/weaknesses), and finally testing scenarios. The interview mostly consisted of us talking about my accomplishments, managing successes, and/or failures. They will also want to know how much you love Halloween, Dressing up, and Spirit in general.

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to an employee who lies about stealing product, when you catch him/her in the act?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and earn myself an extra dollar per hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2012.

Interview

- I contacted the general mgr directly by calling and texting his cell phone.
    - It took 3-4 weeks for an interview and a job offer.
    - I was interviewed by the general mgr and the district mgr.
    - Questions: about my job experience, leadership, and ability to overcome adversity.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult retail job experience of yours and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The general mgr refused to negotiate the pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Long Island City, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Quick interview, basic form to fill out

Anonymous Employee in Savoy, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Savoy, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online at the website and immediately received a phone call asking if i could come in for an interview. the interview was quick and personable and i was told i was being hired on the spot and to come in for work the next day. i didn't actually fill out the paper work until my third day of work.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions they were mostly about the daily running of a store   1 Answer
    • I was asked how well i knew the computer system they used   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary making it higher than their first offer because i wanted ten cents more than i was getting paid at the job i left for this job and i had the experience that deserved that pay.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Kansas City, KS) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, met with store manager a couple of days later outside the store (previous to the company "moving in"), he asked me if I could work 30 hours a week and if I was any good with people. Then he made me an offer.