Spirit Halloween Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Owensboro, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was a very interesting interview. Was asked maybe one hundred questions about my experience and my management style. I actually enjoyed the interview. It showed that they cared about who they wanted to run their stores. It also showed that they are a thorough company that chooses only the best possible candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with customers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Spirit Halloween

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

same questions as all interviewees are asked. why, what have you done in the past. Do you like Halloween Very straight forward. Anyone can ace this interview with saying the right thing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Salem, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The gentlemen I was contacted by was polite and knowledgeable about his company. I feel as though he lacked some personal attentiveness as he said that offering me a position at my former salary would be an insult. I'll chalk it up to youthful miswordiing. Overal he was pleasant and educated.

Interview Questions

• Previous salary was, of course, the first question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, District Manager was late to the first two, the last seemed more like a hazing than an interview, instead of asking questions, just was asked 'do you want this job?" "do you realllyyy want this job?" "well, we'll talk amongst ourselves." "okay you want the job? this time its an offer."

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you?
      Do you have any time off requests or schedule commitments?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween in July 2015.

Interview

about an hour long interview, asked many questions on customer service and how to handle different situations, asked about previous employers, then had to a setup trail with the owner and her team to see how i acted and responded to things

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with my district manager prior to the season starting and based on my experience, they actually encouraged me to go for the role of Store Manager (I was applying for my 4th year as ASM). After going over typical scernario questions on the interview to assess how I handle situations, I waited for the Regional manager to call and do a phone interview with me. The phone interview was very quick and only 2-3 questions long.

Interview Questions

• Where does the highest amount of shrink come from?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

They have a interview questions sheet with 6 sections on it with 3 questions each. They have to pick one question from each section., I suggest just being yourself during the interview. The manager can see that.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw a co worker steal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ansonia, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Ansonia, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Put in an application online, was called for phone interview that day, met with the DM the next morning, accepted the offer that day. Two days overall, very quick. The interview took place at the site of the store that I was to be managing. It was rough retail space, so meeting the DM outside of it, you wouldn't know th

Interview Questions

• It was all general questions regarding customer service "tell me about a time where..." "what would you do if you saw an employee stealing...?" All general stuff any job from high school onward would ask you, nothing you'd sweat over.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with district sales manager, followed by face to face interview then either face to face or phone with regional manger and background check

Interview Questions

• if you have retail management experience there is nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a temporary seasonal job so there's no real negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Cambridge, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Spirit Halloween operates as a seasonal store, and interviewing for sales associate positions usually takes place between August and September. Interviews are relatively laid back and typically last 15 to 20 minutes. Spirit Halloween interviews begin with light hearted questions like: "What is your dream job?" and "What do you like best about Halloween?" Store associates may also need to respond to behavior-based interview questions. A common behavioral question interviewees face in Spirit Halloween interviews consists of: "How do you handle an angry customer?" Applicants usually receive job offers on the spot or within a week.

Hiring for management jobs typically takes place from May until July. Managerial interview questions are primarily behavioral. Featured Spirit Halloween interview questions for managerial applicants include: "Can you tell me about a time when you turned a customer's negative experience into a positive one?" and "What was a difficult retail situation you encountered and how did you overcome it?" The last few minutes of a management interview are typically reserved for salary talks. Following Spirit Halloween job interviews, management applicants may need to pass drug screening, background checks, and reference checks.

Spirit Halloween is a laid back company, and applicants applying for sales associate jobs may dress in casual clothing for interviews. Management applicants should wear more professional business attire. All job hopefuls should exhibit passion for Halloween during interviews. Showing interest in putting together costumes and doing makeup may separate applicants from other candidates. When responding to Spirit Halloween interview questions, answers should be concise and exhibit customer focus. At the conclusion of interviews, applicants need to thank managers for their time.