Splunk Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Success Manager

Create your profile to get personalized information

Splunk Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

3.3

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, applied for position. Interview with hiring manager (which was the 3rd interview) didn't go well - the role they wanted to fill did not fit the position description, as they essentially were looking for Technical Account Managers or post-Sales Engineers.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were a bit too specific about my current employers technology - felt like they were probing more for industry information than my knowledge and skills.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (Tysons, VA) in June 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee of Splunk. I applied to the Customer Success Manager role on their website. I received a message through Jobvite and personal email asking when I was available to interview. I then received an email confirmation with the 2 days I would be phone screened by 3 different Splunk employees. The process was a smooth with 2 out of the 3 individuals, the most difficult part of the process was communication with 1 of the 3 due to their extremely busy schedule. The whole process was way different than I am use to since one of the interviewers had to reschedule several times to interview me due to his chaotic schedule. Overall the experience was fantastic and the process was great. I made it to the final stage and interviewed with the Director.

Interview Questions

• One particular question they asked me for the CSM position was, "What Splunk use case would I use with the system I am using currently at my job?"   2 Answers
    • Another question asked was, "If I had to present data to senior leadership what steps would I take to provide this data?"   1 Answer

Splunk Response

Jul 10, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you so much for the great review! Coordinating interviews with busy schedules can get tricky. We appreciate your understanding and I'm glad to hear your overall experience was a positive one... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

I never post reviews here, but my exprience with Splunk was so shockingly bad, that I feel compelled to!

I've interviewed at hundreds of companies, including most of the biggest names in tech, and I can say I have never encountered a more unprofessional, discourteous hiring process than my experience at Splunk.

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter who was "just filling in" who had no information about the specifics of the role other than what was included in the vague job description. Next, they advanced me to a full loop via videoconference, where the interviewer clearly didn't read my resume, and had no insights on the role, and then became hostile that I wasn't better up to speed about the specifics of the job. I'm not sure if I caught the team on a bad day, or if this is business as usual for Splunk, but either way, my experience was awful and I would recommend you all stay away.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this role?   1 Answer

Splunk Response

Jul 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you've had here at Splunk. Please feel free to share more about your experience by emailing us... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Interview

I have been recommended by a colleague and a recruiter contacted me for a first screening and understand my expectations un term of position and salary.
    He promised to come back to me with a precise proposal and position. 1 month without any news. I have sent a first mail to ask for some news. I got no answer from him. I contacted him in LinkedIn and he replied without a "sorry" that they have a new boss and an internal reorganization in the same CSM group and he asked for 2 or 3 slots to talk. I have provided that and again no answer for 10 days.
    I asked him clearly if he doesn't reply to me i consider that Splunk is not interested by me. I got an answer the same day with a request of an appointment by phone which we agreed about.
    The day D he hasn't called me and was not answering by mail.
    This recruiter was not at all professional nor serious. He has no respect to their candidates. This shows a view of the company's culture at least in the recruitment group (EMEA)