Splunk Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Splunk Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Haven't seen a chaotic process. Applied online and was shortlisted with a phone interview with a promise to bring me onsite only to be notified with in 2 hours that the position is put on hold and will be back once the position gets reopened. Fast forward 1 month and this time 2 phone interviews and when tried to follow up came back with similar response as to change in direction.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2016.

Interview

Very smooth process! After a phone call with the hiring manager, travel was quickly arranged by the coordinator (JR was great!) and online paperwork was processed. I traveled across the country the day before and was put up in a great hotel right next to the office. Upon arrival I was show the whole office, offered beverage and set up in a private office that had a printed schedule, copies of my resume for all the interviews and even a hand written welcome message on the white board. My first interview we went to the Starbuck in the complex and the next 4 were in the conference room. The next one was a lunch with 2 members of the team and the last back in the conference room with a final walk to my Uber ride by the hiring manager. Everyone was on time, engaged and invested in the process. All day long I was welcomed by everyone that I met. Spunk truly cares about the process and invests the time to do it right.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from experience, behavioral, vertical knowledge, past wins and losses, why Splunk?, why vertical?...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an internal referral so got tot top of list. Recruiter scheduled then canceled and rescheduled initial call. Sent me a list of questions that I responded to in writing VERY thoroughly. Recruiter was late for call then started asking me questions that I'd already answered. I thought maybe she didn't have my answers but she would intermittently reference them so I know she had them.

She seemed incredibly preoccupied and honestly seemed like she was doing about six other things and had no desire to be on on call.

She was constantly mixing up my experiences laid out in the resume, asking questions about roles that I never had. Truly bizarre call that she absolutely was NOT prepared for.

No call back as promised until multiple emails from me where I was told I was no longer being considered. Given that my experience was virtually identical to their requirements I was shocked I didn't make it past this young lady. I'm confident it was a poor interview and her lack of professionalism negatively impacted my prospects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I took several weeks to get the interview scheduled, first phone interviews then onsite. They reopened the role after telling me I was their second choice, had another call with the hiring manager and then silence for months. Very poor experience as a candidate, they do not live to the expectation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, mostly behavior questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Submitted resume online on first day job was posted. Two days later, HR emailed with request to set up call with the hiring manager. Phone calls with hiring manager and another from same group.

Interview Questions

• Several from Tuckerton's book - 7 Interview Questions You Must Get Right   1 Answer

Jun 4, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate the review. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to email us at openconversation@splunk.com - Mike Saltzman, Talent Acquisition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Splunk is a coveted company in the valley. I know, I have worked in the valley for years. I was approached by Splunk recently and recruited enthusiastically. Having recently started with another company I was apprehensive about changing jobs, but intrigued by the role and opportunity. After speaking with four people I decided that it would be best to decline further interviews; unrelated to Splunk, but rather loyalty to my team and the company to which I'm employed. I took the time to send a thank you email to Splunk recruiters and thanked everyone for their time. The recruiter reached back out and asked that I speak with the hiring VP as all signs pointed to a positive fit. I agreed and took the call. After personal consideration I decided that I would like to continue with the interview process. That is when Splunk ghosted me.

I can respect that they may have chosen to move forward with other candidates, after all, the valley is full of talent. What I don't respect is a company who employs recruiters whose job is to find talent, but lacks respect for the candidate's time when they change direction. I even went as far as to directly email the recruiter to ask if they had indeed decided that I was not a good fit, but never received a response. The added rub is that I did not approach Splunk they pursued me.

It's not a good look when a company behaves this way. Interviewing is a time consuming process, When you are currently employed it can be a focus distraction, not to mention time away from your current job. Your recruiters are a reflection of the company to potential employees. This shows a lack of consideration for the candidate and the time one takes to interview and consider your company as a place they'd like to work. Courtesy goes a long way and says a lot about a companies culture. As a hiring manager myself, and having worked for companies that did not have dedicated recruiters, I always made a point of responding to all candidates, even when the contact meant informing them we are changing direction.

Based on my experience I would not recommend Splunk to my professional network.

Interview Questions

• What would it take to get you to come to Splunk?   1 Answer

Jul 30, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review. To not receive any communication after a scheduled call is inexcusable and we sincerely apologize. We're glad you brought this to our attention and would love to hear... More

Director Interview

Interview

Received call via recommendation on LinkedIn. Introductory meeting before meeting team members. Met at offices for fairly informal but well structured discussion. Very good conversation which probed all major issues around ‘fit’ between role and candidate.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Very unprofessional and rude internal recruiter. Interviewing a senior candidate with over 10 years of experience in digital advertising, he acted like it was an interrogation instead of a discussion. His questioning was like I was lying, which I really don’t have to lie to a recruiter, especially with over 10 years of experience at reputable companies.

In today’s day and age, for a recruiter to treat someone this way, it shows me this may be a terrible place to work. Even the best companies globally have never treated me this way.

Interview Questions

• Why have you changed companies in the past? -hello, have you ever worked in ad-tech?!   1 Answer

Jun 4, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

We're sorry to hear that this was your experience at Splunk. While we are striving to provide the best candidate experience, we know we have areas that could use improvement. Please feel free to... More