Splunk Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and talked with them for a few minutes and handed off my resume. I got an email a few weeks later asking for an interview within the week. The interview was an over the phone interview with a shared collabedit screen. I only interviewed with one person.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?
    What is malloc/new used for?
    In a function call, where are arguments and local variables stored in memory/registers?
    What is the difference between pointers and registers in C++?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Visited the office. Cool office. People were nice. Was asked to come in and just spoke with employer for a while and then went out to lunch with him.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

A bit long but overall it was quite relaxed. Was expecting it to be a bit more technical than it was but still I think they do a good job with the interview process.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a super chill interview process. It started with a couple phone interviews so that they could adequately place me in my division (I applied through the referral process). I was then invited to the office to meet with my potential managers. They cycled me through four interviews (largely behavioral–can't recall getting any technical questions) and I got to really get a feel for the team I was working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Online test followed by a manager call. This call had more of behavioural and little bit of basic technical question.
    After completing this round successfully a 3 hr slot was asked for 4 technical interviews back to back 45min each.
    Questions were really good and interviewers did help me a lot in solving them. It was a good experience overall but i couldn't crack it :(. It took around 2-3weeks for whole process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, ask basic python skills, didn't get to the next round. The person is nice and patient. Next round would be more technicial interview with four people each one has 45 mins

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Splunk in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted a HR through LinkedIn. She asked me to send my resume. Later got a call from her that a manager wants to interview me for a testing position he has.
    Interview- Started with basic questions on Quicksort, then, went into OS, we discussed thrashing. Asked some behavioral questions like, 'what motivates you to work?'.
    At the end asked a testing question- 'How will you test Gmail's login page?'

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring process started quickly. After the initial screening round they setup three phone interviews on the same day. The first person did not call, the second person called and asked if I had any questions for them. I said no, and he ended the call. In 10 mins I received a rejection email.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

First interview with HR, second interview with the department manager and third with another manager, but this one is a role play with this manager. They will explain everything you need to prepare. Also, They were asking basically the same questions in the two first interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would fit in this position?   1 Answer

Splunk Response

Jun 4, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thanks for leaving a review! Please feel free to share more about your experience by emailing us at openconversation@splunk.com - Mike Saltzman, Talent Acquisition