Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR team very unprofessional and needs further HR training. Applied online. Got an email a couple of days later to set up an initial screening call. Email from HR also contained a bunch of detailed questions (about 3) regarding technical details of relevant experience. HR also asked for current salary (including bonus and equity) in this initial email prior to any calls. I thought questions like these are quite outdated and unprofessional. Anyway, answered all questions in full and HR never contacted again. Please do not waste people's time by asking detailed and/or intrusive questions, only to completely ignore them later. Judging by the HR here, not sure this is a place that respects people's time.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary including bonus and equity?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Received an email for an interview. The email was cancelled last minute and rescheduled abruptly. No consideration. I had a second interview ( second round ). A month passed by and they never advised about their decision. Very disappointed on the Plano/Dallas Splunk team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a project that you created for IT sales.
      Clearly this was not in my resume.   1 Answer
    • Finally after the second interview they did not follow up to tell me about their decision.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

First on-site interview took a little over an hour. Met with the Recruiter, who would be my direct Manager, two team members of that Manager, and the Head of HR. Did a lot of the normal interview questions in discussing the role, telling them about my previous experience, expectations of the job. However a nice curve ball was pitching Splunk to them in a sales scenario!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. However do your research about the product and it's value to a company because you will probably have to pitch Splunk to one of the employees.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First recruiter scheduled telephone call with Hiring Manager. After that there was in-person interview. Five interviewers interviewed with 45 minutes each. Questions were focused on understanding the background with some technical questions in between

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager had different expectation than the job description and could not elaborate exactly what he expected from the position   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall process was straight forward. I had two phone interviews -- one with a Splunk recruiter and another with the hiring manager. Both conversations went well, so I was invited on site for an interview. I met with several people including an architect, designer, product manager and project manager. The team were all very professional and I thought it went well. But a few days later, the recruiter called to tell me that they decided to go with another candidate. Win some, lose some. But overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relatively straight forward. There were no whiteboard challenges or Google-like puzzles. The interviews felt more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial contact from the recruiter was an email asking to get to know me better. There were about five questions to answer in regards to skill set and one behavioral based question to answer.

The next step was the phone screen. The recruiter asked a few behavioral based interview questions and told me about the position and the person I would be supporting. It was a very informative screening call.

The third step was an onsite interview. Interviews were conducted separately. I met with four people. The questions again were mostly behavioral based which lead to some great conversations.

This was a very positive interview experience. It felt more like a nice back and forth conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific instance when you had to display high integrity and your ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed onsite for 2.5 hours with all of the managers and it was nice to see that they all had different styles, but they were all on the same page when it came to expectations. If you have tech sales experience and a basic understanding of what Splunk does, you should feel comfortable with the interview.

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Only had a phone interview. I received a response the next day after submitting the application. Scheduled a quick call with the internal recruiter, which as a pretty basic, general info gathering (no hard hitting questions). The recruiter was nice and pretty straight forward with expectations and mentioned that there were others in the interview process. As it turned out, they decided to go with one of those candidates due to having a clearance. The overall experience with professional. Seems like a good company to work for.

Security Interview

Interview

Absolute professional organization. Even if I don't get this position, I am still impressed with the interview process; and would love to work for this class-act organization. HR was extremely welcoming, organized and even had a welcome message with my name on the conference room. Impressed !

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me had - had a few calls then was invited into the office. All interviewers were nice and professional. At the office the team was very hospitable - showed me around prior to the discussion and culture looked great.

Interview Questions

• To describe my management style.   1 Answer