Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager (non- technical), then technical call with team member. Followed by an onsite interview with 7 team members. Overall process took less than 2 weeks and the offer came in a few days later.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Hard and a very short interview . It was more like a rapid fire round. The questions were little tricky . The call was done in just 15 minutes

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2017.

Interview

After sending an application I was contacted for a phone interview from someone who did not supply their title, and the message did not come from a work email, but one of those anonymous Jobvites. I responded supplying multiple dates and times I was available to do a phone interview. There was a lengthy delay so many of my times were past by the time I heard back, but we arranged a time for Monday. That meant I gave up part of my weekend to be professional and prepare for the interview and write down my questions. On Monday the call never came, I couldn't reach anyone as mentioned I never got a message from an actual email. Later I received another message from the person who had contacted me which did not include any explanation or apology, just said that 'they needed to reschedule my interview.' Really? Why didn't you contact me BEFORE the interview time to let me know there was a problem on your side, you just kept me waiting for a call. Then you don't think you owe me the courtesy of an apology for blowing me off? Funny how I notice that Splunk has all these negative reviews from people who had the SAME POOR EXPERIENCE. Don't waste your time with these bozos.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen interviews. Designated person didn't come to the interview so another replacement person came and he was pretty naive and lost track of his initial question. Algo and data structures

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain a link like wikipedia (a link having multiple references, each reference will have multiple reference ).   1 Answer

Senior Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by internal recuiter following submittal of CV with internal referrals, early June 2017. Early process was standard with a series of phone interviews with managers and peers that went well, proceeded with onsite interviews in late June, 2017. Thought the onsite interview also went very well...and that is when the issues began. Did not hear from the internal recruiter for weeks, with emails and voice mails not being resonded to. The internal recuiter finally got back that the team was reviewing finalists and that there should be word within a week. That period stretched to two plus weeks, and then the internal recuiter started to reference other opportunities within the organization...finally stated that another candidate was selected.

Overall...a very negative experience as the internal recuiter was an extremely poor communicator and glad that it did not work out. Luckily, was empolyed the whole time while interviewing, would have been even more horrible if I was hoping for a positive outcome.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Entretien très ouvert avec beaucoup de questions autour de la creation du pipeline qui reste un sujet delicat chez beaucoup d entreprise. La durée dut d 1h30 avec un petit 15 min de retard de leur côté.

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in April 2017.

Interview

This was my first interview after a gap of about 7 years, and I was pleasantly surprised. The entire process was pretty smooth and took about three weeks. I had an initial round of phone screening where I was asked to code some string/tree manipulation problem on coderpad. I was then called onsite to their SF office where I met with 6 engineers. Had a variety of domain related questions related to SSL, cryptography, AES , ipsec, hashing etc. A couple of interviewers asked me coding questions about reducing overlapping intervals and system design questions. The hiring manager spoke to me at the end and answered all questions I had about the team, product and company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the technical manager directly in Linkedin and asked me to apply for the position. After few weeks I got a call from a recruiter and attended 3 telephonic interviews (Re-scheduled phone interviews multiple times). I don't see any coordination between interviewer and recruiter because I followed-up with the recruiter that I didn't get a call on the day it is scheduled and then they checked with the interviewer and said he is busy with his work and rescheduled after one week. Can you imagine the person who is waiting for the phone call for an hour? If this happens for one time then it is okay but it had happened for 3 times.

After a lot of email exchanges, finally, they asked me to come for the on-site interview. I have never seen any company conducting 9 back to back technical rounds (10 am - 5 pm). Sounds crazy right (I felt the same). Every interviewer asked about their own expertise where they are strong and at one point I felt like whether these interviewers read my resume or not? I am not happy with the interview process. I thought of leaving the hellhole in middle but I thought it will be very rude to do that. I had very unprofessional interview experience with one senior director. He didn't even see my resume and not sure whether he knew which position I came for. Such an arrogant dottard. Beleive me no one ll have fun to spend their time and prepare for an interview. Everyone does their best to crack an interview. At least please give minimum respect to the interviewed person even if you think he is not fit for the position. It doesn't matter whether you are a senior director or manager but please maintain your dignity and show some empathy towards other individuals.

After 4 weeks of my on-site interview, they sent an email that they are moving forward with other candidates. Honestly, I got 2 other job opportunities in this 4 weeks time and already joined in one company. I really don't want to write this review but just want to share my experience with the Splunk recruiting team so that at least future Splunk aspirants won't suffer like me.

Interview Questions

• Multi-threading questions, tools to measure CPU cycles in Linux, Questions on REST and some troubleshooting questions related to network communication.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with several other Inside Managers as well as the Director of Inside Sales. Each interviewer asked some questions about management approach as well as my experience. I was told I was the first to interview for the role and that there were several candidates lined up. Should I move forward, I would then interview with two VPs. However, I'm typing this review prior to hearing anything back.

Interview Questions

• Several interviewers asked how I might handle a difficult situation or asked me to explain a situation in the past where I was responsible for interacting with several team members that had competing priorities.   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Job position name changed twice between my 2 interviews. I talk to HR in UK and SRE guy in US. Can't complain about these 2 interviews. Was nice to talk to them and can't say bad word.
    3rd interview suppose to be with hiring manager but he didn't call me back at scheduled time. After 2 weeks guys from UK HR got info that manager decided to pick someone who know Splunk as a product. So mainly waste of my time and lack of organization in Splunk US. I wouldn't apply for this role if knowledge of Splunk was required.