Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

My application and interview process happened fast and smooth. It took only 2-3 weeks from my friend's referral to the official offer.

The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with a manager the same day she got my resume from my friend who works there.

2 days later, the manager phone interviewed me.

A week later, I went to their San Francisco office for the onsite interviews, with 5 people including the hiring manager.

About another week later, they had me do a Skype interview with a vice president, who could not make it to my onsite interviews.

The next day, they presented the verbal offer, and the final offer after a little negotiation.

Questions they asked
    1. What were my experiences on Agile and Scrum?
    2. What were the challenges I met during Agile transformation?
    3. Why was I interested in the job?

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges I met during Agile transformation?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Series of interviews over two months, including two phone and three in-person interviews, with individuals and teams. They were well-prepared interviewers, asking a wide range of questions to learn more about my specific skills, work style, sense of urgency, personality, work ethic, and how I manage stress and deadlines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you made a mistake and your reaction/action taken.   1 Answer

DevOps Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Applied online and got a call

Two phone screens, video interview rounds (substitutes for on-site rounds) with 7 people (both 1:1 and group / panel) and one final video interview (1:1) with a top-ranked exec from the management side.

Very friendly people. They explained that I didn't get an offer as they were looking for someone more senior. It was a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Discussions about my projects, work experience, technical system design questions, DevOps concepts like CI/CD, Cloud environments, Containers, VMs   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, presentation, whiteboard, demo spread onto future peers, managers.
    HR and the hiring process is well thought out and you will get everything you need while you are progressing through the process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions around IT Ops and Security   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward - if you know what you want ask for it.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with an Employee Referral. Had a phone screen, a longer interview, a coding challenge, and then a panel interview. It took about 2 weeks total and they got back to me quickly with an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me to Splunk recently. Almost immediately, the recruiter contacted me and requested to schedule an onsite for as early as two days later. I was impressed at how quickly they were able to put me through to an onsite, but didn't quite work with my schedule since it was around the holidays. I came in just after the new year for an onsite, and had a relatively standard one on one tech interview with two interviews, lunch, then two more interviews. They tested both coding and design, and I got to talk to the hiring manager during lunchtime and ask questions about what it's like to work there. All the interviewers were really nice during the interview and the recruiter was quite understanding when it came to my timeline for the offer.

Principal IT Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very well organized. Interview panel members were experienced, paid full attention to my responses to questions and also shared their views. They explained about spunk, work culture etc, Overall I had a very positive experience about the company and the staff who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I will go about addressing specific conflict situations.   Answer Question

Sale Lead Generation Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in March 2017.

Interview

The first two interviewers were nice people but the last one was a jerk. He has no integrity and dishonest. I don't know what was the purpose of him having a attitude during the interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

very well organised process. was given a clear brief on what to present during the final stages of the interview process. met with different departments which gave me a good view of the culture of the company. i had to do a presentation which i prepared heavily for in advance to ensure i nailed it. there were tech issues - but overcame those and still completed within the time allocated.

Interview Questions

• present about what drives me   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Met at career fair, completed quick coding challenge, had a phone screen with a project manager, then completed a two hour onsite interview with four company engineers at their offices.

Interview Questions

• Second largest node in a binary tree   1 Answer