Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me to Splunk recently. Almost immediately, the recruiter contacted me and requested to schedule an onsite for as early as two days later. I was impressed at how quickly they were able to put me through to an onsite, but didn't quite work with my schedule since it was around the holidays. I came in just after the new year for an onsite, and had a relatively standard one on one tech interview with two interviews, lunch, then two more interviews. They tested both coding and design, and I got to talk to the hiring manager during lunchtime and ask questions about what it's like to work there. All the interviewers were really nice during the interview and the recruiter was quite understanding when it came to my timeline for the offer.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

phone interview scheduled in evenings after 8pm. generic, open ended. the interviewer was really unsure of what to ask, it was 8pm so seemed that we were both annoyed at the timing. Not sure why she wanted to interview so late. Didn't seem like the team knew what type of candidate they were looking for. Job description should have said: Jack of all traits. (they wanted a developer who wants to be a scrum master, run manual testcase and automate the testcases)

Interview Questions

• generic, open ended. the interviewer was really unsure of what to ask, it was 8pm so seemed that we were both annoyed at the timing. Not sure why she wanted to interview so late. Didn't seem like the team knew what type of candidate they were looking for. Job description should have said: Jack of all traits. (they wanted a developer who wants to be a scrum master, run manual testcase and automate the testcases)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The second Indian guy's accent was too bad. The first and the last interviewer is good. I like them. But the second Indian guy made me very unhappy and his attitude is not very good and even a little distant.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was met at front desk by coordinator, and then showed around the office (was offered water, tea, coffee). I then had four half-hour interviews with different engineers. The first interview covered some systems knowledge questions, a web page design, and a simpler coding question. The second interview involved another coding question on the simpler side, and discussion about the type of project that I would like to work on. The third and fourth interviews, were a single coding question of above average difficulty.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Berkeley, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to my University's career fair, and talked for a relatively long time (~15 minutes) with a Senior Engineer. About 3 weeks later, I got a call from Splunk detailing an interview date and time. They were flexible with the interview time.

The interview was over phone. There was muddled sound and I found it difficult to understand the interviewer. The interviewer gave questions over a code-sharing website. Awkward silences over the phone made it difficult to concentrate on the questions; when combined with the fact that this was my first interview of the year, I wasn't able to answer many questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on semaphores and mutexes. Questions on parsing non-punctuated strings into valid IPs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Junior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application online, they sent me a coding interview which was not too bad. The phone call was horrible. The person asked only three questions and asked if I had any questions. The whole interview lasted less than 10 minutes- and I was later told that I wasn't selected

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a fantastic interview experience.
    1. First, one of the directors of Core department greeted me, which made me so surprised and happy and he showed me the building and introduced business of Splunk. He was very nice!
    2. Two engineers asked me some very easy coding questions. They were very friendly too.
    3. Two cute female engineers took my to lunch and as least in my point of view, we had a nice talk. They were both very clever and cute. Don't surprise by my words, cause I'm a girl too, there is no offense at all. And I really like them and want to learn from them. After that, they asked me technical questions, some interesting but not so tricky algorithms.
    4. Two more engineers came in, they were more serious but also very very nice and polite. One of them even took his time to walk me out the building.

Actually, I'm still waiting for the result. But it really was a great experience so I cannot wait to share this. Even if the result is not good, I'm very grateful for this opportunity, and I can actually feel that this company cares about their employees. I'll be updated when the result comes out.

Interview Questions

• NDA. But algorithm part was easy. Other questions were basic too.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A phone screening from a recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a nine person interview with each person lasting 30-45 minutes. I was flown into San Francisco and then had five phone interviews out of nine people. It seemed like a waste of money to be interviewed in person by only four out of the nine people, but I wasn't paying for flight and hotel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and talked with them for a few minutes and handed off my resume. I got an email a few weeks later asking for an interview within the week. The interview was an over the phone interview with a shared collabedit screen. I only interviewed with one person.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?
      What is malloc/new used for?
      In a function call, where are arguments and local variables stored in memory/registers?
      What is the difference between pointers and registers in C++?
      Answer Question

Engineer Position Interview

Interview

Extremely rude interviewer. When he called me he was late and didn't bother to greet. He jumped right into questioning my resignation from a previous company. I knew right away that it was not the right place for me so didn't even make any effort to sale myself.

He had an Indian accent and it was terrible trying to grasp what he was saying, but the worst part was the rudeness!

Interview Questions

• Questioned my resignation from previous company and other technical questins   1 Answer