Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Splunk in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After setting a date and time, I never received a call. I contacted the recruiter and we set a new date and time. Again, no phone call. Extremely unprofessional and will not consider in the future. Left a bad impression, considering my current employer uses their product.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First recruiter scheduled telephone call with Hiring Manager. After that there was in-person interview. Five interviewers interviewed with 45 minutes each. Questions were focused on understanding the background with some technical questions in between

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager had different expectation than the job description and could not elaborate exactly what he expected from the position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in July 2017.

Interview

No interview process, just would like to commend the efficiency of Splunk's recruiting team. I applied for the position, for which I am well qualified and have fulfilled similar in the past, on 11pm, the next business day, at 10:30 am Splunk informed that they "are very impressed with your background, but after much deliberation, [...] decided to move forward with other candidates." In about two hours of work, they managed to read my applications, be very impressed with it, deliberate much, and reject it. Well done guys, take the rest of the day off

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall process was straight forward. I had two phone interviews -- one with a Splunk recruiter and another with the hiring manager. Both conversations went well, so I was invited on site for an interview. I met with several people including an architect, designer, product manager and project manager. The team were all very professional and I thought it went well. But a few days later, the recruiter called to tell me that they decided to go with another candidate. Win some, lose some. But overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relatively straight forward. There were no whiteboard challenges or Google-like puzzles. The interviews felt more conversational than anything.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial contact from the recruiter was an email asking to get to know me better. There were about five questions to answer in regards to skill set and one behavioral based question to answer.

The next step was the phone screen. The recruiter asked a few behavioral based interview questions and told me about the position and the person I would be supporting. It was a very informative screening call.

The third step was an onsite interview. Interviews were conducted separately. I met with four people. The questions again were mostly behavioral based which lead to some great conversations.

This was a very positive interview experience. It felt more like a nice back and forth conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific instance when you had to display high integrity and your ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I interviewed onsite for 2.5 hours with all of the managers and it was nice to see that they all had different styles, but they were all on the same page when it came to expectations. If you have tech sales experience and a basic understanding of what Splunk does, you should feel comfortable with the interview.

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Only had a phone interview. I received a response the next day after submitting the application. Scheduled a quick call with the internal recruiter, which as a pretty basic, general info gathering (no hard hitting questions). The recruiter was nice and pretty straight forward with expectations and mentioned that there were others in the interview process. As it turned out, they decided to go with one of those candidates due to having a clearance. The overall experience with professional. Seems like a good company to work for.

Security Interview

Interview

Absolute professional organization. Even if I don't get this position, I am still impressed with the interview process; and would love to work for this class-act organization. HR was extremely welcoming, organized and even had a welcome message with my name on the conference room. Impressed !

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Vice President Channel Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splunk in May 2017.

Interview

Everything here is form letter. I had my resume walked in by 3 separate people, but the hiring manager said he never got it from HR. He scheduled an interview, but then I got a form letter rejection from HR. I assumed this was valid, so I thanked him for the consideration . Then, I was told it was a mistake. We rescheduled. I din't hear anything back from HR on the reschedule, but received ANOTHER form letter rejection. Yes, that is twice. I was over qualified for the position and would have liked to work at Splunk, but they are small and growing. Their processes are not keeping up and they will lose talent if they don't fix them. The process took a LONG time for all they ask you and their responsiveness was exceptionally poor.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked int he Channel? What ideas can you bring to Splunk?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me had - had a few calls then was invited into the office. All interviewers were nice and professional. At the office the team was very hospitable - showed me around prior to the discussion and culture looked great.

Interview Questions

• To describe my management style.   1 Answer