Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with an Employee Referral. Had a phone screen, a longer interview, a coding challenge, and then a panel interview. It took about 2 weeks total and they got back to me quickly with an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Extremely fast interview process. Starting from first call from HR to get the offer took only 3-days for me. The HR and the hiring manager both were very friendly. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a phone interview on basics of C/C++. e.g., details on memory leak, memory fragmentation, etc. Also, asked question on my previous job experiences   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

1. Phone screen. The screening was very general on my background and details of projects.
    2. Coding challenge. It was a very classic problem, 60 minute long total with two different problems.
    3. Interview with manager. General Computer Science questions on language architecture, syntax, programming methods..
    4. On-site interview. Did not attend as I accepted another offer in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge was about finding the longest continuous subsequence of integers in a list.
      The first interview was about my background, and questions specific to the position. Syntax in Javascript, Java language architecture, python mutable and immutable object.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Beware - Do not apply here unless you want to wait multiple months only to find out you didn't get the job. I spent 3+ months interviewing for a position (2 phone interviews, 2 onsites) and was left in the dark for months after my final interview. In fact, I had to continue asking the recruiter about an update and kept being told a decision had not been made, which is absolutely ridiculous. Completely disorganized company. Choose to work elsewhere.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for a position online and heard back from the recruiter. Had a phone screen with the hiring manager who was excited to hear about my experience and how I could help them with their challenges. Despite their need for a local PM, she wanted me to fly in for an onsite interview with 5 folks. The interviews went very well and I was given a tour of the site at the end of the day along with a rundown of the positives. The hiring manager made me feel I was the right person for the job. After returning back, there were two more Skype video calls with senior management which went very well. The week ended with an email from a senior recruiter who said they were excited to move forward and wanted to discuss next steps.
    I was asked to wait till they figured out and cleared the budget with new executive who had recently joined. After a couple of weeks, I was told that the new executive was not okay with the budget and that they had to rescind the offer.

Now it is not uncommon for this to happen, but I felt a lack of professionalism from the other end which is what soured the deal. I am just glad this happened though as I could avert being part of a workplace where it seems ethics are not valued.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I started with a coding challenge; after passing it, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, and finally had an on-site interview with 4 back-to-back interviews at their headquarters in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was about, given a list of integers, returning a list of all possible permutations.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (New York, NY).

Interview

Met an alum at a job fair, was contacted to apply online. Set up a 30-40 min phone interview with a recruiter. First a couple behavioral questions, asked about my projects and my knowledge of the company. Then moved onto actual coding on an online coding environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2017.

Interview

Ghosted by recruiter. It's been 5 weeks since the phone interview (and I thought that I did well). Emailed him asking my status after 4 weeks. No response so far.

Back End Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by the recruiter. Setup two 45 minute phone interview one after the other.
    First one had pretty standard algorithmic questions. The second interview was focused more on C fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread? Go into as much detail as you wish.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me to Splunk recently. Almost immediately, the recruiter contacted me and requested to schedule an onsite for as early as two days later. I was impressed at how quickly they were able to put me through to an onsite, but didn't quite work with my schedule since it was around the holidays. I came in just after the new year for an onsite, and had a relatively standard one on one tech interview with two interviews, lunch, then two more interviews. They tested both coding and design, and I got to talk to the hiring manager during lunchtime and ask questions about what it's like to work there. All the interviewers were really nice during the interview and the recruiter was quite understanding when it came to my timeline for the offer.