Splunk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Berkeley, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to my University's career fair, and talked for a relatively long time (~15 minutes) with a Senior Engineer. About 3 weeks later, I got a call from Splunk detailing an interview date and time. They were flexible with the interview time.

The interview was over phone. There was muddled sound and I found it difficult to understand the interviewer. The interviewer gave questions over a code-sharing website. Awkward silences over the phone made it difficult to concentrate on the questions; when combined with the fact that this was my first interview of the year, I wasn't able to answer many questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on semaphores and mutexes. Questions on parsing non-punctuated strings into valid IPs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Junior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application online, they sent me a coding interview which was not too bad. The phone call was horrible. The person asked only three questions and asked if I had any questions. The whole interview lasted less than 10 minutes- and I was later told that I wasn't selected

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a fantastic interview experience.
    1. First, one of the directors of Core department greeted me, which made me so surprised and happy and he showed me the building and introduced business of Splunk. He was very nice!
    2. Two engineers asked me some very easy coding questions. They were very friendly too.
    3. Two cute female engineers took my to lunch and as least in my point of view, we had a nice talk. They were both very clever and cute. Don't surprise by my words, cause I'm a girl too, there is no offense at all. And I really like them and want to learn from them. After that, they asked me technical questions, some interesting but not so tricky algorithms.
    4. Two more engineers came in, they were more serious but also very very nice and polite. One of them even took his time to walk me out the building.

Actually, I'm still waiting for the result. But it really was a great experience so I cannot wait to share this. Even if the result is not good, I'm very grateful for this opportunity, and I can actually feel that this company cares about their employees. I'll be updated when the result comes out.

Interview Questions

• NDA. But algorithm part was easy. Other questions were basic too.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A phone screening from a recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a nine person interview with each person lasting 30-45 minutes. I was flown into San Francisco and then had five phone interviews out of nine people. It seemed like a waste of money to be interviewed in person by only four out of the nine people, but I wasn't paying for flight and hotel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and talked with them for a few minutes and handed off my resume. I got an email a few weeks later asking for an interview within the week. The interview was an over the phone interview with a shared collabedit screen. I only interviewed with one person.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?
      What is malloc/new used for?
      In a function call, where are arguments and local variables stored in memory/registers?
      What is the difference between pointers and registers in C++?   Answer Question

Engineer Position Interview

Interview

Extremely rude interviewer. When he called me he was late and didn't bother to greet. He jumped right into questioning my resignation from a previous company. I knew right away that it was not the right place for me so didn't even make any effort to sale myself.

He had an Indian accent and it was terrible trying to grasp what he was saying, but the worst part was the rudeness!

Interview Questions

• Questioned my resignation from previous company and other technical questins   1 Answer

Forward Delpoyment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 screen interviews, first two is behavior questions, and some background information on your resume, the last one is skill interview. they are very nice, it's a good experience. for this position, they want to find a guy who is very good at communication with diverse customers. as an international student. cause English problem, so I didn't pass the phone interview. but Splunk should be a good place to work .

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone conversation with the recruiter once my application was selected for review by the hiring manager. I then had a phone conversation with the hiring manager, where we discussed my experience, and the needs for the business. About one week later, I met one-on-one with a series of technical and administrative stakeholders for the product in question.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Splunk, and made you want to apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals, and how do you think you can achieve those at Spunk?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The worst communication in a company I've ever seen and 8 interviews for one position stretched out over a period of 3 months is unprofessional. I let Splunk know my feelings and even if the job were offered to me, I would've declined it. They couldn't make up their mind if they wanted me for one position or another and then told me headcount wasn't approved for the job they advertised. I accepted an offer when they hit me with the invitations to interview with persons #7 and #8. UNBELIEVABLE.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing outstanding.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Phone interview followed by pair coding review. The coding review was conducted remotely and was unpleasant. It was very hard to hear the interviewer as they were on a speaker phone. Obviously someone else was in the room who wasn't speaking, which gave a very strange feeling. The interviewer was obviously very senior and accomplished, but they weren't good at communicating what they wanted from the session.

Interview Questions

• They asked for how a particular UI element would work in terms of the JavaScript used to put it together.   1 Answer