Splunk Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

3.2

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in January 2019.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews all were about 45 minutes each, talked about the background and a few more behavioural questions Nothing super technical, asked what courses I am taking, the people I interviewed with were super nice and I felt like they really cared about my well being and knowledge in what the position would be and how it would be ran.

Interview Questions

Splunk Response

Feb 6, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the great review. We strive to provide a great candidate experience, so we're very pleased to see that reflected during your experience at Splunk. Welcome to the Splunk family!

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Splunk in April 2016.

Interview

First round was 1 and half hour long skype interview. They asked basic SQL questions, experience in sales field. Interviewer was nice, process was easy. Immediately he scheduled next 2 rounds which took place after 2 days.

In the afternoon, 2nd round took place and interviewer asked about splunk products and some questions when was the time you had difficulty with your team member and how did you handle it etc questions.

In evening, 3rd round - HR round, she simply asked when are you available to start work, CGPA etc.

However, my 2nd round and 3rd round, both were scheduled as skype interview for 45 min. around but they simply called and spoke for hardly 15-20 min. each. So, it was confusing.

I dint get any update for next 10 days. Then, I dropped an email, after one week, then my status on portal changed to not selected.

Interview Questions

• when was the time you had difficulty with your team member and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splunk in July 2015.

Interview

Very intense and long process. Was essentially 3 rounds, 1st consisted of 3 phone interviews where they narrowed it down to 2 candidates, 2nd round was a straight forward presentation to a group of people remotely, and 3rd was interviewing with executives. All together, about 12 phone calls that were all different and designed to get to know each other really well.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell yourself in 30 seconds when nobody can actually see you?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk in May 2015.

Interview

The process went ok, with regular updates, until it didn't. I was basically ghosted by the recruiter for weeks, and only when contacting the hiring manager directly did I receive any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Give me your thoughts on my central log management is important   Answer Question

Splunk Response

Jan 7, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your review and we sincerely apologize for our lack of communication. We will continue to make every effort to further enhance our candidate experience at Splunk. Feel free to reach out... More

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in December 2017.

Interview

4 phone interviews, 3 or 4 face to face. Not very professionel behaviour, asked the same questions on multiple occasions by the same people. Disorganised look and feel. Very inexperienced middle management

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, presentation, whiteboard, demo spread onto future peers, managers.
    HR and the hiring process is well thought out and you will get everything you need while you are progressing through the process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions around IT Ops and Security   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward - if you know what you want ask for it.