Splunk Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Call from recruiter, basics of the job and what I currently did.
2) Two calls from SRE's in London. No technical questions were asked, just basics of what they did, what I did and what questions I had for the role.
3) On-site interview in San Francisco. They paid for the hotel and flight and I expensed food which was nice. Miscommunication about the date of the interview but HR made it work out. Talked with 7 people ranging from engineers, product managers to a manager and director. Everyone was friendly and answered all my questions. No technical questions at all but that could have been because they were caught off guard as interview date they were given was different. Mostly behavioral and situational questions were asked. The office was very nice and it seemed like a cool vibe.
4) After on-site I got positive feedback from my recruiter. Pretty much there were 3 options 1) Offer 2) No-offer 3) More interviews. My recruiter told me there were more interviews so I had to wait for about a month. I got another offer and they finally told me that they were shuffling around positions and had another position for me. I didn't want to go through another process of waiting even more so I ended up declining.

All-in-all, a good experience but I just wish they were quicker to decide what they really wanted instead of making me wait for a month.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls you and says they cannot reach a webpage, how would you go about troubleshooting the problem with the customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

Email asking screening technical questions. Follow up email to schedule a phone interview from San Francisco (to me in U.K.). Firstly there was confusion about time zones and dates ("tomorrow" when sent at 1am can be unclear). The first time they did not call, only responding when I emailed to check. This happened again the second time even after being told to expect a call in a few minutes. I declined to try for a third evening waiting to be called. A complete waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of experience with ... Linux/CI/Puppet etc.   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Job position name changed twice between my 2 interviews. I talk to HR in UK and SRE guy in US. Can't complain about these 2 interviews. Was nice to talk to them and can't say bad word.
    3rd interview suppose to be with hiring manager but he didn't call me back at scheduled time. After 2 weeks guys from UK HR got info that manager decided to pick someone who know Splunk as a product. So mainly waste of my time and lack of organization in Splunk US. I wouldn't apply for this role if knowledge of Splunk was required.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Splunk (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Technical questions followed by a manager interview. Team fit is paramount at Splunk so looking for sound technical people who have good characters is key.

I really don't want to write 30 words but here it goes

Interview Questions

• Describe one problem you solved and how you went about solving it.   2 Answers

Splunk Response

Jul 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thanks for leaving a review and welcome to the Splunk Family! Please feel free to share more about your experience by emailing us at openconversation@splunk.com - Mike Saltzman, Talent Acquisition