Sponsors For Educational Opportunity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one Skype call with SEO associates. They are a small team so they don't get back to you right away, resulting in a lot of waiting and guessing on my part. I felt that I answered questions adequately, although the interviewers are usually cold and don't make any signs of approval. The process took awhile, and in the end I didn't know what the status of my application was. Overall I felt that they prepared me for investment banking interviews, but the process was tedious and stressful.

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

The hiring process begins with a phone or skype interview by one of the career managers. If you are successful in the interview, you will be called up for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read an article concerning a certain merger and acquisition; after which I was asked to calculate the profit margin, given that my background is accounting.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online. Had a skype interview, and then an inperson interview. After my inperson interview, I had an online follow up interview

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online after being reluctant because they were asking for letter recommendations, personal statements, etc but I did it anyway. I received an email to schedule a phone interview in about a week. During the phone interview(conducted by one of the higher ups) I was asked in-depth questions about my MSW program and about what I could bring to the company. Lots of questions about data and proving you did and can do the work. There were a lot of questions that were coming at me quickly and I thought I did terribly. But a few days later I got a call to schedule the in-person interview. The interview took place with two former post- master fellows, they asked similar questions to the phone interview. Some of the questions I was not able to answer, but I thought it went well. The office culture felt very corporate for a non-profit. Unfortunately, I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the majority of your caseload/clients not being in person?   Answer Question
    • What has supervision been like in the past for you?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

Talk about why SEO and past experience in teaching, strategies in working with students of different levels, strategies in classroom management, and long term career plans. She shared a bit about the program in NYC and SF

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, two in person interviews.
    The first in person interview had 2 writing assessments and a demo lesson in front of a group of students. The second in-person interview consisted of a panel interview with 3 staff members and then an interview with the VP. Overall, it seemed like they weren't able to think outside of the box and wanted an exact fit for the position. During the last interview I felt like I was being weeded out--they were really hung up on my past job experience not being EXACTLY the same as what this position entailed, although I've been doing college access work for a while now. I got a really elitist vibe from the panelists--they kept saying that 100% of their students go to 4 year colleges when in reality most successful college access programs fall within the 80%-100% range, so it's not like they're doing anything particularly innovative.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would your former bosses describe you?
      What's your work style?   Answer Question

Summer Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in April 2016.

Interview

Seems to be filtered only based off of your resume and then a demo lesson that is guided by very little. Demo lesson was 25 minutes and decision did not seem to involve the students' input.
    Since accepted teachers do not make their own syllabi and lessons, it seems counterintuitive to make a self-created demo lesson a large part of the process.

Point of contact was cold and it also seems pretty telling that, compared to other similar programs that boast a very diverse body of students, they have white women in important positions.
    Pretty disorganized and unfeeling. Knew I wouldn't take the position if offered it right after meeting point of contact.

Interview Questions

• Demo is not part of last interview -- had no questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Director, Scholars Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went through half hour or so phone interview and an in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later. Interview was one-on-one with director and conversational in nature. It somehow seemed like the organization did not know exactly what they were looking for with this position. Meeting was about 45 minutes. Indication was that there would be panel meeting at later rounds.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

30 minutes, interviewer asked behavioral and technical questions. Know which companies you're interested in and have at least three good questions to ask at the closing of the interview. Interviewers looking for strong GPA accompanied by various leadership activities and some experience in the field (ex. Interning at a "mom and pop" firm.)

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between corporate finance and investment banking   Answer Question
    • What are three ways to expand a company and what is the affect on the financial statements?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Washington, DC).

Interview

Be prepared to answer a range of questions from behavioral to technical. The interviewer will start off by asking you questions from your resume and then work up in difficulty. I had been in constant contact with my campus recruiter so I only had one interview that lasted about 30 minutes.