Sponsors For Educational Opportunity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Non-Profit Intern Interview

Interview

After you submit your application, if you make it through the first round you are invited for the interview. I scheduled a Skype interview because I was out of the country at the time. The connect was bad on their end, so only my video was on, but the interviewer's was off. The interviewer was late to beginning to session, and there was quite a bit of background noise. Didn't seem to be the most professional way to conduct an interview. Otherwise, she was really nice, asked a few questions about my skills, background, interests, why SEO etc..

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

Applied in November. Had first Skype interview in December and another in February. Still waiting to hear back. Took them through my experiences that were listed on my resume. Asked basic question such as "what do investment banks do?" Know the different pieces of an investment bank and why you are interested in working for one. Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How are accounting principles used in Investment banking?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied Online. Then Phone Screen. Finally-Panel Interview.

Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

SEO recruits heavily on campus so it was quite simple to acquire a first round interview. First round was in-person and was fairly easy mostly ask about your resume and why you are the correct choice for SEO. The hardest question was a business case type question where they make you read a WST article. I was offered a second round interview with the head of the consulting division from their HQ in NYC over Skype. This wasn't really an interview because she informed me that I was unable to be in the recruiting process with SEO and another consulting company that I had already had a final round interview with. I wasn't extended an offer with that consulting firm and I informed the NYC office of such and the basically said "OK, thanks for telling us". Then I waited almost a month and a half before they let me know that I wouldn't be offered by SEO.

Interview Questions

• They give you an article from WST and they ask you to read and analyze it. Afterwords they ask you some simple math questions to calculate something relevant to the article. Similar to a business case question.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in January 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview which lasted 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is a better indicator for capital budgeting projects? IRR or NPV and why?   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The first step is always to attend an on-campus recruiting event. Your application online will determine if you get a phone interview. Then, you will be offered an in-person interview. My advice to anyone is to always always make sure you are aware of market trends.

Interview Questions

• Structure a portfolio of different securities and what is the expected return on the portfolio?   1 Answer

IB Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

It takes them a long time to answer any question you have.

I first had a Skype interview, and then I went to their office in NY for an interview. They recommended me to change from IB to consulting, so I changed. After two weeks, they told all their spots in consulting were full. I wanted to change to my third option, but they never answer my emails.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Washington, DC).

Interview

Be prepared to answer a range of questions from behavioral to technical. The interviewer will start off by asking you questions from your resume and then work up in difficulty. I had been in constant contact with my campus recruiter so I only had one interview that lasted about 30 minutes.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

30 minutes, interviewer asked behavioral and technical questions. Know which companies you're interested in and have at least three good questions to ask at the closing of the interview. Interviewers looking for strong GPA accompanied by various leadership activities and some experience in the field (ex. Interning at a "mom and pop" firm.)

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between corporate finance and investment banking   Answer Question
    • What are three ways to expand a company and what is the affect on the financial statements?   Answer Question

Assistant Director, Scholars Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went through half hour or so phone interview and an in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later. Interview was one-on-one with director and conversational in nature. It somehow seemed like the organization did not know exactly what they were looking for with this position. Meeting was about 45 minutes. Indication was that there would be panel meeting at later rounds.