Sponsors For Educational Opportunity Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Sponsors For Educational Opportunity Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, two in person interviews.
    The first in person interview had 2 writing assessments and a demo lesson in front of a group of students. The second in-person interview consisted of a panel interview with 3 staff members and then an interview with the VP. Overall, it seemed like they weren't able to think outside of the box and wanted an exact fit for the position. During the last interview I felt like I was being weeded out--they were really hung up on my past job experience not being EXACTLY the same as what this position entailed, although I've been doing college access work for a while now. I got a really elitist vibe from the panelists--they kept saying that 100% of their students go to 4 year colleges when in reality most successful college access programs fall within the 80%-100% range, so it's not like they're doing anything particularly innovative.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would your former bosses describe you?
      What's your work style?
      Answer Question

Assistant Director, Scholars Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Went through half hour or so phone interview and an in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later. Interview was one-on-one with director and conversational in nature. It somehow seemed like the organization did not know exactly what they were looking for with this position. Meeting was about 45 minutes. Indication was that there would be panel meeting at later rounds.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Two in-person interviews. Tested on data management and familiarity with Excel. Then, asked on how you would transition into the job. Finally, you are asked about your interest in the field of education. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      2. Why are you interested in the field of education?
      3. Describe your time-management/organizational skills in relation to one of the jobs on your resume.
      Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple stages. Phone screen, meet with team, meet with manager and potential bosses. Looking for passion, understanding of student population, organized, able to work quickly. Corporate culture so need extremely high level of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SEO?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied Online. Then Phone Screen. Finally-Panel Interview.