Sport Chalet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Chalet Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

i got a phone call to get a group interview. I showed up and waited with a group of people (four). The manager asked us questions took turns. About a week later i recieved another call for a one on one. The same day i got an offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They asked questions about your experience, availability, why you want to work for them, etc. Very easy questions if you have at least some retail experience. If you had a strong interest in sports or the department you were applying for, and demonstrated your worth, you had a good chance of getting the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Straight to the point on what they're looking for. More experience in sports helps a good amount. The hiring process itself is quick depending on how many new hires they are trying to hire.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Porter Ranch, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

the first interview was a group next was a solo interview five days later and accepted the offer the managers were nice explaining the benefits and the competitive pay as well as where to park how to get the most out of the company and lastly the loss prevention program and how they work and that there the cashiers best friends.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      how do you like retail and what goals do you hope to achieve working here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The store was in transition to new processes when I was in the hiring process. So it took a little bit longer (understandably). I went in a couple times to see and talk to the manager to ensure that I didn't get lost in the shuffle. I was interviewed twice in one week by two different managers. It went well.

Interview Questions

• Why Sport Chalet?   1 Answer
    • Describe a bad customer service experience.   1 Answer

Scuba Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Mission Viejo, CA).

Interview

Group interview with two others candidates for other positions. I was offered after the group part, one other guy had to have another 1 on 1 interview, and the other one was not called back.

Interview Questions

• They have me a list of things to do, and asked what order I would do it.   Answer Question

Fitness Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy interview.
    Only the basic/stereotypical questions.
    Friendly interviewer.
    Somewhat disorganized.
    Had to take a repeat of a personality test that I had already taken at the time of submitting my application.
    Interview itself lasted less than a half hour.
    Was offered the position on the spot.
    Came back a few days later for paperwork.
    Started the following week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was easy. maybe too easy. why do they want people so bad. I was very glad to have left this place after a short employment period. I also didnt like how unorganized they were. that was not a good thing. bla bra bla

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

Group interview with 5 other people. The manager came in, asked us about ourselves, why we want to work there and what department and why, made us tell him the benefits and features of a water bottle, made us sell him pens. At the end he gave us a piece of paper to count how many F's were in the paragraph below in one minute and told us to leave after we were done, said to wait around for 5 minutes and if you get a call to come back to the room. I got a call and he set me up for my first day 2 days later!

Interview Questions

• Why are you good for this store and what department do you think you belong in?   Answer Question

Shoe Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Torrance, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sport Chalet uses a group interview process where they bring in about 8-12 applicants. Each one is interviewed individually as well, the whole process take about 30-45 min. It involved questions targetted at the group as well as at each individual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sport Chalet? What sports have you played before?   Answer Question