Sport Chalet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Vacaville, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Lady who interviewed me was young and nervous. Kept leaving te interview. She just ask few questions and started talking about herself. Until the GM came and took over the interview. I really thought I will not get the job. At last he said honesty is the key and let's get in on board. After I told him I was fired from previous job for being late. And I'm a dept head now. Thank you sir you are missed till today

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Mira Loma, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

They'll take you and about ten other people into their SCUBA course classroom for a group interview with a manager. It can be a bit frustrating because instead of trying to get a lock on one person, they'll ask everyone maybe two questions. It's difficult to sell your abilities that way.

Interview Questions

• They'll give you a lot of hypothetical customer situations. Just think about your approach to customer service before walking into the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet in September 2011.

Interview

Asked about customer service questions
    Straight forward interview
    Be specific with what you want to do

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I received a call after turning in my application asking me to come in and take a phone test. This test has all your common sense questions: Should you come to work under the influence of drugs/alcohol? Should you steal something from the store, even if it is just a pen? Is is appropriate to hug your fellow employees on the sales floor/at all? Should you ever yell at a customer, even if they're being annoying? etc. After passing that I had a one-on-one interview with one of the assistant managers. This was my first real job, so I didn't have prior experience. They asked about my work ethic, what department I would like to work in if I did get the job. It is good to have prior knowledge of the store to figure out where you would best fit, and have other back up areas to suggest in case the department you want is not hiring. More often than not, you will be asked to help out your surrounding areas anyway during busy hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a disgruntled customer at the front of the store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with about 7 interviewees and one interviewer who was usually a manager. After the group interview, if selected there is an individual interview with a different manager which lasted less than five minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was an incident where you experienced bad customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Chalet.

Interview

Within a week of submitting my application I was called to come in for an interview. I had to do an over the phone "personality test" and then proceeded to the real interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

easy came in got the job within the first week i got the job however the interview was very easy the job is very boring hardly any costumers in the store and its hard to move up within the company. i wish i could have ask for a higher pray grade because the offer up to 14 dollars and they dont give raises not unless you move up in the company. its not a company you should stay with for that long. i mean its cool for the perks on pro deals other than that i would defiantly have work somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• do you want to move up in the company?   1 Answer
    • do you have cashier expreince   1 Answer

Negotiation

he wanted to give me 10 dollars but i said 10.50

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Gave scenarios and you answered based on that. Asked about skills, experience, etc. Overall, nice people. Wasn't too difficult. First time was group interview, followed by one on one. Found out I got the job after a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Straight to the point on what they're looking for. More experience in sports helps a good amount. The hiring process itself is quick depending on how many new hires they are trying to hire.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chalet (Mission Viejo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very short and very simple. I had retail experience so I was hired when I was still in high school. I took this job when I was 16 years old. The company is now closed.